Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Michelle Lynn Huber
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Client Service Specialist role is part of the broader organization of Acquisition Delivery providing support to multiple business units within Acquisition Delivery. As a Client Service Specialist for the Schwab Participant Investor Development Team you will perform operational and sales support activities with a high level of accuracy.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with multiple Financial Consultants both onsite and remote, performing operational activities to support sales efforts.
- Demonstrate a passion for customer service, and be a positive role model to colleagues.
- Utilize problem solving skills to respond to inquiries including research items pertaining to 401k & PCRA rollovers, account restrictions or holds, customer correspondence, audit and call reviews, product knowledge support, and expanding the client experience.
- Take initiative to identify, participate in, and manage special projects and assignments.
- Maintain all related files to insure audit readiness and department accordance with compliance, oversight and supervision requirements.
- Possess a thorough understanding of Schwab’s products and services including paperwork and procedures required for efficient processing.
- Work to become a subject matter expert in operational and sales support, share this expertise with the FCs, AD CSS and our business partners.
- Foster a positive environment giving team members an opportunity to succeed.
- Research and resolve operational inefficiencies, identify areas of improvement that will assist our group in reaching team sales goals.
- Take initiative to identify and participate in special projects and assignments.
- Collaborate with CSS teams across AD to support the goals of the enterprise.
What you have:
- Active and valid FINRA Series 7 is required
- Active and valid FINRA Series 63 (may be obtained within 120 days of employment)
- Active and valid FINRA Series 9/10 (highly preferred)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work related experience
- Minimum two years of experience in a direct client facing or operational role required.
- Preferred experience in a retail brokerage environment.
- Basic understanding of brokerage regulations and rules that govern client accounts.
- Demonstrated experience handling client concerns and issues with tact and diplomacy.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively as part of a team, while handling multiple client situations, needs and inquiries simultaneously.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Monday, March 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018