Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Are you a type of person who welcomes the challenge of driving a team of creative engineers who have the passion for cutting edge technology to achieve something extraordinary? Do you like the idea of turning a “sketch on a napkin” into something your users can see, touch and feel? If you enjoy getting smart people together and help them “connect the dots”, this job may be for you!
What you’ll do:
As a Senior R&D manager, you will manage a small group of talented engineers to perform R&D functions by exploring technology & user trends, implementing Proof of Concepts (PoCs), and demonstrating the concepts to Schwab’s executives. You will work with your team to set their individual objectives, provide coaching, mentoring and feedbacks to help them learn and grow in their career.
You will also perform the role of project manager/scrum master to drive the implementation of various R&D prototypes to successful conclusions and keep the leadership team updated on the progress along the way.
In this position, you will also work with other Schwab’s technology organizations, especially the Application Architecture team, to arrange and coordinate technology discussions, demos, idea brainstorms as well as strategic planning activities.
What you have:
- Strong desire to “wow” our customers.
- Passionate in cutting-edge technologies, intolerant to poor product designs.
- Enjoy working with people in a diverse team environment.
- Excellent in project planning and execution with at least 5 years technology project management experience using Agile.
- Ability to think on one’s feet to solve the problems and enjoy finding the new ways to solve problems.
- Excellent communication skills. Work well with both internal and external teams to get things done quickly.
- Financial industry experience is a big plus.
- BA/BS is required
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, March 5, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018