Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab is recognized as a finance technology innovator and a leader in the financial industry. We're looking for a talented technologist to join the CTS/ROADS Technology team to lead development of technology strategy, architecture and roadmaps in alignment with business values, vision and priorities of the firm. The Technical Director - Information Systems Architect is a key member of the platform/product delivery team and is responsible for the overall design of solutions to migrate our legacy distributed applications to modern, cloud ready PAAS, IAAS, and SAAS solutions. We are looking for a change agent who will thrive in leading, influencing, challenging the status quo and, inspiring and collaborating with a team of highly motivated and talented technicians for a diverse set of applications and systems.
What you’ll do:
The role requires a deep understanding of industry trends and working with other Architects across Schwab to align with enterprise technology strategy, best practices, and complying will all governance requirements. In addition, this individual will work closely with Management, tech leads, development and QA engineers, scrum masters, and project management to ensure that all stakeholders have the necessary direction and feedback to deliver product features at regular intervals, on-time, and with high-quality. The ability to understand and align with business goals, and communicate to senior business and technology leadership is an essential component of the role.
Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation within the organization. You will;
- Work with key shareholders to formulate a comprehensive technology plan that is consistent with the overall business objectives and budgetary considerations.
- Advise Senior Management on technical decisions including platform fit, system solution design and detailed troubleshooting.
- Develop, Define and Document the “as is” and “to be” for various applications while ultimately defining an architectural strategy and Road Map
- Assist with the translating of strategic goals into actionable implementation plans
- Evaluate and actively scout for new technology and tools
- Assist team members in interpreting scope and evaluating risks for complex initiatives
- Strong ability to partner with both internal business/technical organizations
- Work closely with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and with business teams to architect technology solutions to meet client needs.
- Understand complex problems easily and come up with simple solutions
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and producing technical requirements and design documents.
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization.
- Define, communicate and enforce design/coding standards.
What you have:
You must have strong technology leadership capabilities. You should have a passion for emerging technologies and be capable of influencing and inspiring the team in developing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
- BS degree in Technology, Engineering, Computer Science, or relevant area.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in the technology industry.
- Strong leadership abilities to work both within the technology organization and with external business partners and consumers to achieve and measure IT business objectives.
- Experience as a technical leader in an organization. This includes coaching and mentoring, working through complex problems, and working with our business partners to deliver an amazing experience for our clients.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, influence and execute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of diverse technologies, including; DevOps, TDD, Cloud Technologies, Rabbit MQ, OracleDB MongoDB, XML, Java, Unix, C#, .NET, Microsoft SQL Server, Angular, Spring and other database applications and concepts.
- Experience working with standard multi-tier platform architectures .NET, Java, DBMS, Mainframe and file based architectures.
- Strong design and analysis skills for assessing both technical and business impacts.
- Thought leader; ability to anticipate architectural and business risks and propose creative and innovative solutions. Researches and identify new technologies to solve the business needs.
- Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups.
- Ability to leverage existing standard services and work with engineering teams to architect custom solutions as appropriate to meet business need.
- Actively engage with Enterprise Architecture and local Engineering Teams to design and deliver solutions to meet business needs.
- Lead technical sessions to produce design materials.
- Manage the delivery of solutions architecture, design, development, systems integrations, security, implementation and lifecycle management processes.
- Promote and coordinate technical knowledge harvesting within the organization. Propose, communicate and enforce standards.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering practices, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Exceptional Communicator
- Overcoming Barriers
- Delivering Results
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018