Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps (Development and Operations) engineer who is passionate about leading the initiative in building a Continuous Integration and Deployment infrastructure. This DevOps engineer will support a wide range of improvements from build and deployment processes, production monitoring and DevOps advocacy. The ideal candidate will have 6-8 years of experience in a comparable position, demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, agile environment and capable of working across a large enterprise.
What you’ll do:
In this position, you will work closely with development teams to manage infrastructure projects and processes as well create a Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline. A keen attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and solid knowledge base are key essentials for success.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will have:
- 5 years of DevOps-like work or experience in a real time operational processing environment.
- Experience setting up a continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipeline.
- Experience using the Atlassian toolset (Bamboo, Jira, confluence).
- Experience working with source code repositories (i.e. GIT, Bitbucket).
- Experience in Migrating from one tool to another (like TFS to Bitbucket or Jenkins to Bamboo).
- Experience and working knowledge of implementing Blue-Green deployments to reduce downtime and risk.
- In depth knowledge of NG Build and MS Build
- Experience using Agile methodologies.
- Have proficiency in one or more major programming or scripting languages (i.e. Java, C#, Python).
- Experience and working knowledge of PCF – Pivotal Cloud Foundry.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible is a plus.
- Knowledge of Vericode, SonarQube, App Dynamics, Splunk, Keynote, Zenoss.
- Experience scripting in languages such as PERL, SHELL (Bourne/Korn, Bash and C).
- Experience with branching strategies and code promotion.
- Understanding of testing frameworks and reporting tools.
- Ability to read and interpolate log files.
- Knowledge of cloud computing platform technologies (i.e. AWS, GCE, AZURE).
- Knowledge of distributed applications and server farms
- Knowledge and experience using monitoring/alerting tools (i.e. Nagios, Prometheus).
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related work experience.
- Excellent judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Strong ability to juggle many competing priorities.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Exceptional Communicator
- Delivers Results
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Ft Worth, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, July 18, 2018