San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Online Authentication team is responsible for managing client access to all of the online channels and properties (Web, Web Services, Mobile, and Software) at Schwab. These mission critical channels provide access to millions of end-clients and service providers to the information and tools they need to conduct business with Schwab. The team works with each channel on the appropriate identity management, credential, administration and security tools and services. The team works with technology and the various Security, Compliance and Risk teams and the end-channel owners. As the owners Online Authentication, the team sets the strategy and direction and is constantly looking at best practices in the industry and related industries and most importantly, emerging authentication techniques, experiences, technologies (e.g., biometric) and systems. Part of the team’s charter is also to educate channel owners and end-clients on all aspects of Security and Authentication techniques and Requirement Adherence using online and offline content, tools, webcasts, in-person meetings and presentations.
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for product managing applications and third-party platforms used to assess the validity of client logins. You will interact with vendors to obtain support for various platforms. We seek individuals that are flexible and comfortable dealing with ambiguity. You will have a strong interest/passion for our industry. You will use your business acumen and experience to help set the direction of your responsible area and the team as a whole. You will use your professional level written and oral communication skills to create and facilitate meetings presentations to the business.
- Work with technology and channel owners to upgrade the products and help formulate their product roadmaps.
- Explore, evaluate and propose technologies and techniques that fit the needs of the various channels. Work with technology partners and vendors to explore new authentication techniques.
- Evaluate in-house and 3rd party security products.
- Negotiate contract details which meet the needs of the firm and end-clients.
- Work with channel partners and other product managers to create and implement online identity management and authentication processes and systems.
- Have a passion for creating secure but easy to use, understand and accept experiences.
- Provide first-line support to various internal stakeholders and relationship staff in answering client questions and resolving client escalations.
- Be comfortable creating support and educational material, talking and presenting to small and larger groups on subjects concerning online security as it pertains to online authentication, the industry, the regulatory environment and the regulatory requirements.
There is 10% travel required.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required in engineering or business
- Minimum 5 years Product Management experience
- Prior Agile experience
- Experience creating easy to follow reports of complex data
- Expertise in creating white papers
- Expertise in creating easy to follow presentations
- MBA or post-graduate degree
- Extensive experience with online security
- Experience with the Financial Services industry
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018