San Francisco - CA, SF215FMT, 215 Fremont Street, 94105-2318
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Asset Management Client Solutions (“AMCS”) is responsible for managing Schwab’s third party product platforms to deliver a robust client experience while growing a revenue stream vital to Schwab’s overall financial health. AMCS develops new products and services for clients, maintains broad product offers, and facilitates effective working relationships between third party providers and the employee groups who work directly with clients. Collectively AMCS manages five product platforms including:
- Mutual funds & 529: The first and still the largest platform at Schwab.
- Managed accounts: The most comprehensive and fastest growing SMA platform in the industry.
- Alternative Investments: A growing platform enabling clients to invest in assets such as real estate, private equity, hedge funds, structured products, and commodities.
- ETFs: The largest and most rapidly growing ETF platform in the industry.
- Insurance: A developing platform becoming more critical in meeting client needs with retirement and risk management.
- Fixed Income: An industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, the Fixed Income team plays a significant role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail.
As Managing Director, Mutual Fund and ETF Platform Management, you have the opportunity to lead the team responsible for the continuous offering of thousands of mutual funds and ETFs to clients of Schwab’s various businesses. Serving individual investors, registered investment advisors (RIAs), retirement plans, and other institutional clients, the third party fund platforms are a centralized and shared resource for the firm. The Managing Director will drive a high-performing team in designing and building an outstanding MF and ETF client experience, across areas of digital client experience, product marketing, and field education. Working closely with business leaders across the firm, the Managing Director will advance our leadership position in the industry and continually identify opportunities to further elevate Schwab’s MF and ETF platforms. The Managing Director will also be a key integrator of MF and ETF activities and information across the firm, acting as a focal point and unifying force for critical partners within across research, MF and ETF advised offers, client segment owners, proprietary products, trading and operations, and more. Key responsibilities include:
- Drive a variety of high-impact cross-functional initiatives with the team to further elevate Schwab’s leading Mutual Fund and ETF client experience, and ensure a proactive approach to industry trends and dynamics.
- Manage a team of Senior Managers responsible for a variety of ongoing and project-driven initiatives.
- Engage with internal Mutual Fund and ETF-focused stakeholders in advised and other product offerings around the firm (e.g., Windhaven, Schwab Managed Portfolios, Schwab proprietary MF and ETF offerings), acting both as subject matter expert and change agent for better client experiences and reduced risk to our overall firm.
- Build and maintain a strong network of business partners internally and externally, to consult on issues and opportunities facing the mutual fund and ETF platforms/products to arrive at collaborative solutions.
- Partner closely with other product teams, technology, marketing and operations groups, compliance, and corporate counsel, in the planning and execution of key projects.
- Ensure processes and procedures supporting all functions of the Mutual Fund and ETF Platform Team are maintained to minimize risk to the firm
- Deep expertise of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry, especially as it relates to asset management and related product solutions especially mutual funds, ETFs, and managed accounts.
- A strong understanding of key partner functions such as product management, trading, operations, marketing, supervision, and compliance.
- Strong communication skills, comfort creating and delivering presentations to varying audiences, including clients, business partners, and senior executives.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and leadership presence.
- An influential leader who is highly organized and able to project manage across the team effectively, with the ability to take a highly disciplined and creative approach in resource allocation.
- Proactively confronts challenges and is able to make tough choices while confidently communicating difficult messages with transparency and candor.
- Highly collaborative and able to create followership; thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos.
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- Industry certifications (CFA, CFP, CIMA) preferred.
- Series 7, 66, and 9/10 (may consider as a condition of employment)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Capital Markets-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Research-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, March 2, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018