Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Financial Crimes Risk Management Department is responsible for providing or overseeing robust anti-money laundering, sanctions and fraud programs and operations for the Charles Schwab Corporation. FCRM iscommitted to complying with all laws and regulations governing the identification and reporting of suspected money laundering activities, as well as activities prohibited by OFAC laws and regulations. The department performs, among other responsibilities, the creation of policies and programs, training and
, reporting; the execution of risk assessments; the monitoring of transactions and customers across the firm for AML, sanctions and fraud purposes; and the filing of SARs or other reporting as required.
The Charles Schwab Banking and Trust Services Department is the division of the Charles Schwab Corporation that manages the strategy and operations of the Charles Schwab Bank, the Charles Schwab Signature Bank, the Charles Schwab Trust Company and the Charles Schwab Trust Company of Delaware.
What you’ll do:
As a direct report to the Deputy BSA/AML Officer of Charles Schwab Banking and Trust Services, the Senior Manager will be responsible for assisting in the development and execution of the BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions strategy. This includes collaborating with team members within Financial Crime Risk Management, Charles Schwab Banking and Trust Services and our key business partners throughout the enterprise. You will assist in managing day-to-day interactions as well as annual processes which may require preparation and planning.
Other responsibilities include:
- Assisting in the preparation and completion of the Annual AML and Sanctions Risk Assessment for the banking entities under Banking and Trust Services;
- Assisting the Deputy BSA/AML Officer in identifying BSA/AML and OFAC/Sanctions risks involving new products, services, customers and access channels, communicating the risks to the Bank’s internal business partners and developing solutions to mitigate the risks;
- Providing support to the Bank’s internal business partners on complex issues that have an AML or sanctions touchpoint;
- Partnering with the different teams within the broader Financial Crimes Risk Management department to assist in AML or sanctions-related investigations, due diligence reviews and special projects.
What you have:
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- A detailed understanding of the Bank Secrecy Act and current Anti-Money Laundering regulatory landscape including suspicious activity, enhanced due diligence, risk assessments, training, and other duties related to banking.
- A detailed understanding of the Office of Foreign Assets Control and current US sanctions regimes.
- Ability to work independently and also collaborate as needed throughout the enterprise.
- Ability to review, analyze and summarize complex account structures and transactions to determine risk.
- Success at working with high-performing, diverse, cross-functional work teams rallied around the same strategy.
- Ability to develop strategic solutions on a systemic level, thinking through potential connections and impact across the Schwab firm, and developing roadmaps to achieve long term vision through short term deliverables.
- Results-oriented and able to quickly sort through information and develop concise and clear strategies and solutions.
- Ability to understand the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Experience in the banking industry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Client focus; ability to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Certified AML Specialist (CAMS), Certified Financial Crime Specialist (ACFCS) and/or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- College Degree
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Banking-6+ yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 7, 2018