Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) Business Management team is responsible for developing internal strategic initiatives to support the broader infrastructure platform in the areas of Financial Management, Audit and Compliance, metrics /reporting, Operational Excellence and Strategic Transformation. TIS is seeking an energetic and inquisitive Sr Manager to lead one or more process areas within the Technology Business Management team. S/he will manage our operational science initiatives and team focusing on defining metrics that drive the right behaviors, data quality, data definition and process improvement. The Sr Manager will also make recommendations regarding these key metrics, infrastructure technology and operational processes to make improvements and ensure the TIS team is executing the TIS Strategy fully. Additionally, the Sr Manager will be tasked to participate in other key functions of the TIS Technology Business Management team such as OKRs (Outcomes and Key Results) and data quality initiatives. Further, this role will champion a culture of continuous improvement in TIS.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager will analyze operational data, provide insight to senior TIS leadership and help ensure TIS is operating with excellence. The senior manager will work with highly confidential data to understand what activities are driving the majority of our team’s workload, where improvements may be made and how best to work with teams to make those changes. The Senior Manager will have management responsibilities for a small team of analyst focused on results and outcomes. We will develop operational reporting which will expose key performance indicators and highlight areas of decision making.
What you have:
- Ability to analyze large, complicated data sets to draw meaningful conclusions
- Exceptional problem solving skills and an intense desire to get to the bottom of the data, ask the 5 whys, and present findings to senior leadership
- Good analytical, communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with working with various levels of management, and a wide variety of technologies and technologists
- An understanding of operations areas and ITIL Service Management such as Problem Management, Change Management, Incident Management and Service Assurance
- Must have 8 or more years of information technology experience and an advanced graduate degree. Preference given to candidates who have a Black Belt in Six Sigma and are well versed in Six Sigma Implementations
- Preference also given to candidates with an understanding of infrastructure technologies such as operating systems (Linux, Microsoft, Solaris, AIX etc.), database technologies (SQL, Oracle, DB2 and Mongo DB), Mainframe technologies, storage technologies (SAN and NAS) and network technologies.
- “Glass Half Full” attitude towards opportunities and problem solving
- Demonstrated integrity and judgment within a professional environment
- Ability to successfully interface with leadership and engineers alike
- Ability to document/explain technical details and highlight areas relevant to executives
- Ability to provide concise, fact-based communications (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work to a deadline, with occasional same-day turnaround
- Demonstrates deep knowledge of business process, market trends, technology trends, other trends, and latest innovations impacting the financial services industry
- Maintains an advanced understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Expert ability to meet deadlines, manage costs, impact and influence business outcomes, handle multiple priorities, build relationships at both the team and executive levels
- Advanced level of business acumen, accountability and financial proficiency
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Proven record of initiative-taking in matters of strategic importance to the organization
- Demonstrated thought leadership and ability to generate change that clearly contributes to business success
- Courage and self-confidence in dealing with issues and broadly communicating information across the organization
- Proven track record of success in managing simultaneous multiple, diverse and complex initiatives
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 1, 2018