Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
What’s your passion?
Our mission at Schwab is to improve people’s lives through the power of investing; we believe to achieve this goal we need people with a passion of investing in people. Do you have a passion for helping others be successful? Do you enjoy working with new employees? Are you drawn to wanting to help new college graduate transition from college to their professional career? If you answered YES, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a Senior Manager to support the New Employee Recruitment and Development (NERD) program in Schwab’s Technology Services (STS) Organization. The vision for the NERD program is to invest in well-rounded employees that will have a strong understanding of Schwab’s structure, procedures and technology strategies that will enable them to be productive, contributing team members within STS after completing the nine-month program. The NERD program is a unique program for new college graduates and will combine a goal-oriented learning plan with on-the-job experiences. The ideal candidate for the Senior Manager position would be a self-directed, self-motivated and focused individual capable of leading and building high-performing teams.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Manager - New Employment Recruitment and Development will help drive the development and execution of our accelerated professional development program. The Senior Manager will report to the Head NERD aka Managing Director. Together, you will be the key driving force of the program and responsible for all program oversight, including development of the curriculum (soft skills and engineering), college engagement, interviewing and selection of participants, graduation and permanent placement processes, defining success measures, onboarding, coaching, mentoring and the definition and creation of all tracks of the program.
- Drive Schwab’s NERD program strategy focused on building an accelerated professional development program to empower the next generation of engineers with the cross-functional skills and future technologies
- Seek out new ways to refine the program and continue to increase its value to the business by eliciting, identifying and taking action on feedback from the participants, host managers, mentors and stakeholders
- Provide ongoing coaching, training and partnership to host managers and teams
- Deliver best in class onboarding experience including orientation, training and development and social events for participants
- Coach and mentor participants to help facilitate their transition from college life to corporate life
- Partner with cross-functional leaders across STS and align the program to support strategic direction
- Coordinate performance management and the training and development of 10-15 NERDs across multiple locations (currently Austin, Westlake/Ft. Worth and San Francisco)
- Direct and participate in planning activities related to the program
- Recommend and drive the creation and implementation of new programs and processes to address changing business needs
What you have:
- Passion for growing and developing entry-level technologists
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
- Proven coaching and people development skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization from senior level leaders to associate engineers
- Solid and influential verbal, written and presentation skills
- A software engineering background, preferred
- Experience with technology rotation programs and professional development, a plus
- Experience with university recruiting, talent management and other HR related experience, a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 2, 2018