Raleigh - NC, RALEIGH, 434 Fayetteville Street, 27601-1701
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Portfolio Connect Cloud Technology (PCCT) Technical Directors thrive in a leading-edge work culture while focusing on products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and a team environment to deliver innovative, value-based reliable solutions. A proven track record of delivering high quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly is key to success in the role. The successful candidate will bring an ability to prioritize, communicate clearly and compellingly, and understand how to drive a high level of focus and excellence by building and leveraging a strong team. Our Technical Directors drive technology and strategic vision in their organizations to continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
The PCCT Platform Technical Director (TD) will assume a leadership role in our DevOps, platform and MongoDB teams. The TD will set strategic direction for teams working on cutting edge tools and processes to streamline the DevOps processes, implement SRE (Site Reliability Engineering) principles to automate platform support monitoring and processes. The TD will drive change within the PCCT technical organization to build a world class platform with high availability with minimal required maintenance and support. This will be achieved while taking a visible leadership role as we implement a consistent operating model, including standard processes, KPIs and practices for service availability, production automation and engineering.
What you’ll do:
You will be joining us as a Technical Director - DevOps, focused on providing architectural guidance and ensuring the technical solutions are implemented in the right way across multiple projects and Scrum teams. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, ability to lead teams through technology challenges while driving towards target architecture.
- Develop a plan for and implement Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) strategy for the PCCT platform and tooling
- Help to build a collaborative DevOps strategy and partnership with local and remote development teams
- Participate with other senior technical leaders to translate strategic plans and goals into tactical plans and objectives for setting priorities
- Be the decision maker for platform operational issues and ensure objectives are effectively achieved and provide input to strategy setting.
- Lead technical requirements gathering sessions and produce technical requirement and design documents
- Provide hands on expert level assistance to developers for technical issues – including code reviews and analysis
- Track and identify new technologies to solve the business problems
- Regularly interact with business partners and senior leadership. Communicate strategic technology plans to associated business partners ensuring collaboration across technology and the business. Create formal networks involving coordination among groups.
- Lead highly experienced technologists, creating successful plans to deliver solutions to the business
- Support leadership as they build a high performance team culture and capabilities as you provide input in how to develop next generation leaders and also help to address performance concerns proactively
- Lead continuous improvement efforts within area regularly to improve process and other efficiencies, resulting in tangible cost improvement for project deliveries and support activities.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 12+ years of IT project experience in distributed platform architectures
- Experience with C++, Java or C# in a Linux/Windows environment
- 5+ years of platform architecture and support experience
- 5+ years of DevOps related experience in developing and implementing processes to optimize development team productivity and reduce operational overhead
- 5+ years’ experience with running medium to large/complex projects or teams with multiple interactions and dependencies
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the enterprise
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment, including the ability to think big in a rapidly evolving technology space
- Ability to lead effectively across multiple time zones and locations
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management
- Ability to work hands on with team members to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with external counterparties and vendors, managing and enhancing relationships and services provided
- Proven track record successfully supporting production support efforts using a DevOps methodology
- Ability to paint a holistic picture of environment health to technology and business partners
- Experience facilitating incident management and system recovery efforts
- A commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
- 10+ years of DevOps experience
- 7+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- Proficiency in analyzing production data using Splunk, App Dynamics and other monitoring/metrics/analysis tools
- Expertise in problem solving and analyzing global scale distributed systems
- 3+ years experience in Financial Services industry
- 5+ years experience in Agile/Scrum environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, August 1, 2018