Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc is currently seeking a seasoned J2EE developer with a strong passion for hand-on design/development. The right candidate will be working with a strong team supporting marketing technology applications within the Global data technology organization.
You will be responsible for design/development, testing and development of marketing related applications while aligning with the needs of our business partners.
What you’ll do:
As a senior developer you will be a self-driven individual contributor; provide efficiently organized and designed logic; be highly-motivated and well versed in developing robust easily maintainable applications.
- Partner with product owners/business partners in understanding their need, translating into use cases and technical requirements
- Envision, Conceptualize and produce design solutions to meet the business requirements, as well as keeping the production end-state for enterprise strength marketing applications
- Perform project and other assignments, taking ownership and seeing through the deliverables within all faucets of the lifecycle
- Partner well with dependent teams/systems as necessary during integration points
- Professionally influence and negotiate with other technical leaders to define and implement the optimal solution with consideration for technical and project constraints
What you have:
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- 2+ years solid hands on experience designing and coding in Java / J2EE, leveraging frameworks such as Springboot
- 2+ years shell scripting, integration and working with web services – SOAP, REST, XML, JSON, XSLT, Unix, Python
- Strong understand of machine learning technologies (eg: Oracle RTD) required, exposure to AI a plus
- 1+ years of experience big data technologies – Apache STORM, MAPR, Hbase, Hadoop, Hive
- Familiarity with tools such as: Maven, sonar, Atlassian tools – JIRA, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, monitoring tools such as SPLUNK
- Experience with Python and related libraries, such as scikit-learn and TensorFlow, is nice to have.
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams.
- Personality that engages peers and promotes collaborative teamwork
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, Investment Research-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, IT-System Administration-less than 2 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Westlake|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Thursday, March 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018 Apply Here