Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc is currently seeking an experienced Big Data professional to showcase your technical expertise and passion. You will be working with a brilliant team of Big Data technologists who bring energy, focus and fresh ideas that support our mission to provide value by seeing the world “Through Clients' Eyes”.
What you’ll do:
As a Big Data Engineer you will positively impact the design and development of our Big Data solutions, while aligning with the needs of our business partners. You will use your Hadoop technology experience to implement and support new solutions within the MapR environment. Join this bright team of Big Data minds and share in our success.
- Design, Develop, Configure, Deploy, Optimize, Document, and Maintain:
- Custom ingest jobs
- Enhance and allocate data in a MapR ecosystem
- File, source and record level data integrity and quality checks
- Logging and Error Handling
- Job & workflow scheduling, including ESP jobs
- Python scripting, Bash Scripting
- Hive Tables and Views
- Role-Based security across all data storage locations
- MapR Folder, Processing and Storage Components
- Data comparison across data storage locations: from files, to Hive, to traditional relational databases
- Work as an engineering team member in an agile team environment, including supporting story creation and refinement, creation of technical documentation, maintain Jira and support scrum and project meetings and status reporting
- Leverage existing frameworks and standards, while contributing ideas and resolving issues with current framework owners.
- Professionally influence and negotiate with other technical leaders to define and implement the optimal solution with consideration for technical and project constraints
- Interact professionally with business partners and key contacts
- Create solutions with a production end state in mind
- Review code and provide peer feedback relative to best practices
- Work closely with architects to deliver appropriate technical solutions
What you have:
- BS or MS in computer science
- 2+ years of hands on experience with Hadoop
- 5+ years software engineering experience
- 5+ years expertise with UNIX, JAVA, Python, BASH
- 2+ years hands on experience with Big data technologies (PIG, SPARK, HBASE, FLUME, HIVE, SQOOP, MAPR, KAFKA, STORM MAPR Streaming technologies, machine learning libraries)
- Experience with SPLUNK
- MapR experience desired
- Experience communicating with senior level business leaders and stakeholders
- Ability to interact and communicate successfully with business partners and technology teams.
- Personality that engages peers and promotes collaborative teamwork
- Extremely strong problem-solving skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, Investment Research-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, IT-System Administration-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2018