Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Technology Operational Solutions (TOS) group is looking for a senior level Systems Engineer to help build and maintain/operate critical systems and solutions that enable the monitoring and automation of/for many applications across the enterprise. These solutions enable Schwab business and technical teams to clearly understand the behavior and performance of their applications, thereby enabling these teams to identify problems quickly, automate actions, and improve their products.
What you’ll do:
- Own the design, implementation, and oversight of critical, enterprise level monitoring/automation systems;
- Proactively support monitoring/automation systems, including standard maintenance, problem identification, performance analysis, configuration enhancements, and standard reporting;
- Manage problems that occur with the systems, including the participation on on-call rotations;
- Document monitoring/automation system design and implementation processes;
- Work closely with monitoring, automation systems and application architects to research, provide input into and implement prototypes;
- Train other engineers on monitoring design, implementation, and management processes as needed;
- Create reports and provide operational metrics on systems health and performance.
What you have:
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with the Unix/Linux operating system (and related services) (8+ years)
- Intermediate-level knowledge of the Windows operating system (and related services) (5+ years)
- Strong experience with scripting languages and supporting tools on the Linux platform (bash, korn, awk, sed, grep, etc.) (8+ years)
- Experience with one or more Windows scripting languages: batch, PowerShell, etc. (2+ years)
- Experience with enterprise level system management (hundreds/thousands of servers spanning data centers) required;
- Able to systematically analyze and break-down complex systems into smaller components in order to better understand structure and functionality;
- Formal development/programming experience a plus (ex: C++, Java, C#/.NET, etc.);
- Familiar with agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban frameworks a plus;
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate complex ideas and concepts across the team and to leadership;
- Strong ability to fully own, organize, and manage a reasonable set of projects at the same time.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-System Administration-6+ yrs, IT-Communications/Networking-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018