Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Third-party Risk Management, this role will perform the execution of ongoing Third-party Risk Management (TPRM) program activities. Activities will include: the development and maintenance of governance documents including policies, standards and procedures; performing third-party management governance and oversight; monitoring offshore third-party management programs; executing oversight and monitoring of third-party risks and controls; monitoring of risk metrics; and, draft materials for reporting to management and management committees on third-party risk and program status.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the execution of TPRM program activities to oversee, monitor, assess, and report on third-party risk;
- Define and document standards and requirements for the execution of third-party management processes;
- Establish, manage and monitor project plans for the execution of TPRM program and process enhancements;
- Facilitate oversight of third-party risks and controls documented in Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) through execution of periodic assessments and quality assurance reviews;
- Communicate and escalate third-party risk and control issues identified in the activities associated to the RCSA Third-party Risk Oversight Program;
- Perform TPRM program governance and oversight activities including, but not limited to: annual policy, standards and procedures review and update, annual regulatory gap analysis, new products/services third-party risk reviews, and TPRM program training;
- Assist in the governance and oversight of offshore third-party risk management;
- Develop periodic reporting on third-party management risk-based metrics and effectiveness of third-party management practices and controls including program status;
- Monitor third-party risk metrics and perform data analysis to confirm the accuracy of third-party risk reporting to management and management committees;
- Coordinate with the Corporate Operational Risk Liaisons for Corporate and Bank vendor management on the development of quarterly reporting of third-party risk metrics to management committees;
- Facilitate quarterly third-party risk oversight meetings with business partners and third-party management stakeholders;
- Assist with gathering data and providing information during Internal Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examinations for Operational Risk Management and TPRM;
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the TPRM program, including policies, standards and procedures;
- Execute ad-hoc projects as needed; and,
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions, including Corporate Vendor Management, Bank Outsourcing and Oversight Management and other Corporate Risk Management teams.
What you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in third-party management, enterprise/operational risk management, audit, governance/oversight, or similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Audit or a related area of study;
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Knowledge of third-party management, risk management, internal controls, financial/banking regulations and risk assessment and mitigation;
- Project management skills with ability to work independently and with a team, prioritize and manage multiple projects and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy workload environment;
- 2+ years of team leadership and management experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business partners and senior leadership;
- Self-motivated, professional growth-oriented individual able to identify, lead and execute projects, program activities and reporting;
- Proficiency in Excel is required, and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is preferred; and,
- Experience performing data analytics preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018