Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Managing Director – Operational Risk Management, this role will lead the management and execution of ongoing Third-party Risk Management (TPRM) program activities. Activities will include: governance of third-party risk management policies, standards and procedures; establish standards and requirements for third-party management processes; facilitation of consulting engagements with third-party management for the enhancement of processes and controls; development and continued monitoring of third-party risk appetite metrics and key risk indicators; and, developing materials for reporting to management and management committees.
What you’ll do:
- Lead team members in the execution of TPRM program activities to oversee, monitor, assess, and report on third-party risk with primary focus on governance and risk reporting/metrics;
- Facilitate governance of third-party service provider risk management related policies and standards;
- Define and document standards and requirements for the execution of third-party management processes;
- Oversee TPRM program governance and oversight activities including, but not limited to: annual policy, standards and procedures review and update, annual regulatory gap analysis, new products/services third-party risk reviews, and TPRM program training;
- Perform oversight of third-party risks and controls documented in Risk and Control Self-Assessments (RCSA) through execution of periodic assessments and quality assurance reviews;
- Communicate and escalate third-party risk and control issues identified in the activities associated to the RCSA Third-party Risk Oversight Program;
- Develop periodic reporting on third-party management risk-based metrics and effectiveness of third-party management practices and controls including program status;
- Monitor third-party risk metrics and perform data analysis to confirm the accuracy of third-party risk reporting to management and management committees;
- Provide consultative support and collaborate with business partners and third-party management stakeholders to identify enhancement opportunities to strengthen third-party management processes and controls;
- Coordinate with the Corporate Operational Risk Liaisons for Corporate and Bank vendor management on the development of quarterly reporting of third-party risk metrics to management committees;
- Develop quarterly reporting to management committees outlining third-party risk metrics, third-party risk profile and program status;
- Facilitate quarterly third-party risk oversight meetings with business partners and third-party management stakeholders;
- Assist with gathering data and providing information during Internal Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examinations for Operational Risk Management and TPRM;
- Execute ad-hoc projects as needed; and,
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions, including Corporate Vendor Management, Bank Outsourcing and Oversight Management and other Corporate Risk Management teams.
What you have:
- 5+ years’ experience in third-party management, enterprise/operational risk management, audit, governance/oversight, or similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Audit or a related area of study;
- Master’s in Business Administration preferred;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Knowledge of third-party management, risk management, internal controls, financial/banking regulations and risk assessment and mitigation;
- Project management skills with ability to work independently and with a team, prioritize and manage multiple projects and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy workload environment;
- 2+ years of team leadership and management experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business partners and senior leadership;
- Self-motivated, professional growth-oriented individual able to identify, lead and execute projects, program activities and reporting;
- Proficiency in Excel is required, and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is preferred; and,
- Experience performing data analytics preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018