Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Asset Management Client Solutions (“AMCS”) is responsible for managing Schwab’s third party product platforms to deliver a robust client experience while growing a revenue stream vital to Schwab’s overall financial health. AMCS develops new products and services for clients, maintains broad product offers, and facilitates effective working relationships between third party providers and the employee groups who work directly with clients. Collectively AMCS manages five product platforms including:
- Mutual funds & 529: The first and still the largest platform at Schwab.
- Managed accounts: The most comprehensive and fastest growing SMA platform in the industry.
- Alternative Investments: A growing platform enabling clients to invest in assets such as real estate, private equity, hedge funds, structured products, and commodities.
- ETFs: The largest and most rapidly growing ETF platform in the industry.
- Insurance: A developing platform becoming more critical in meeting client needs with retirement and risk management.
- Fixed Income: An industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, the Fixed Income team plays a significant role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail.
The Managing Director, Third Party Product Events & Marketing will lead the team responsible for the events strategy and execution for our Mutual Fund and ETF platforms, as well as the marketing initiatives that drive client awareness of these critical product platforms. This individual will provide strategic leadership and functional guidance to the team, which focuses on integrating third-party asset manager involvement into Schwab events. These events support a wide variety of business needs across Schwab’s key business units, including both the RIA (Advisor Services, or AS) and individual investor (Investor Services, or IS) organizations. Events range from local workshops in our retail branches, to large-scale gatherings of RIAs at conferences like Schwab IMPACT. The Managing Director will be accountable for ensuring the team’s strategy and approach successfully aligns the needs of three main constituents (clients, Schwab’s AS & IS business enterprises, and asset managers) across all aspects of event management. The agenda, content, asset managers, products, presenters involved in any given event would support that end goal. This person will need to develop a strong, forward-looking point of view around what topics and content are most relevant to our AS and IS partners and clients, which asset managers are best able to deliver on those needs, and which events offer opportunities for connecting the two. In addition, the Managing Director will be responsible for marketing our overall Mutual Fund and ETF platforms to our clients – through schwab.com content and messaging, webcasts, advertising in Schwab’s On Investing and Onward client magazines, and other channels. Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a centralized Events function that provides an integrated event strategy and point of view for AMCS.
- Align the events and marketing strategy with the overall MF and ETF platform strategies, connecting our best third-party partners with the most appropriate opportunities to educate and support our clients, with a view to creating a win-win-win dynamic for partners, for our firm, and most importantly, for our clients.
- Work with AS and IS business leaders to help shape event themes, deliver on the program goals, asset manager involvement, speaker plans, communications and event logistics.
- Provide strategic, innovative thinking to help “connect the dots” around key event components including presenters, presentation content, locations /market alignment, and overall client experience.
- Measure and evaluate the impact of event content and speakers, including feedback analysis and post-event reports and results.
- Continue to lead and grow the strategic and event marketing capabilities within the team, ensuring team members have the learning opportunities and training they need to deliver on their goals.
- Acting as an industry expert and liaison to enable the broader team to meet external partner needs, and be proactive in reaching out to critical players.
- Working collaboratively with teams across Schwab to ensure MF and ETF messaging and education is consistent.
- Developing robust content that will support on-going education through the branch workshops, field events and webcasts.
- 15+ years of experience in marketing and / or event marketing, within financial services.
- Deep expertise of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry, especially as it relates to asset management and related product solutions especially mutual funds and ETFs.
- Proven experience at creating a strategic roadmap and vision for teams.
- Executive level communication skills, comfort creating and delivering presentations to varying audiences, including clients, business partners, and senior executives.
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence.
- An influential leader who inspires and motivates teams and is able to create an innovative vision for the future with the ability to take a highly disciplined and creative approach in resource allocation.
- Proven track record as a strong team leader / manager to develop team capabilities and exceptional marketing skills.
- Proactively confronts challenges and is able to make tough choices while confidently communicating difficult messages with transparency and candor.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build productive, collaborative relationships across a broad array of functional areas.
- Ability to operate with a “can-do” attitude despite uncertainties and business flux.
- A strong understanding of key partner functions such as product management, trading, supervision, and compliance.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Licensure: Series 7 and 24 preferred
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018