Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting to hire a driven, results-oriented software Sr. Scrum Master who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests.
The Sr. Scrum Master will be a hands-on leader that excels in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about teams that produce high quality, high performance, and scalable software. This role is expected to work with multiple teams and will require the successful candidate to be responsible for individual process changes, report generation, mentorship in addition to their scrum ceremony responsibilities. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development life cycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
What you will do:
- Lead disparate teams in execution of development and operations work across Schwab
- Manage day-to-day scrum activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile software development practices
- Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget
- Work with leads and product owner to provide development sizings & cost analysis estimates
- Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks
- Utilize scrum tools and frameworks to achieve efficiency both internally and externally
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Assist development and operations teams in resolving needs and roadblocks identified by team members
- Ensure the coordination of individual team deliverables are synchronized as necessary to achieve product releases
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans
- Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve processes, communications and documentation
What you have:
- Certified Scrum Master training and certification
- 3 – 5 years minimum experience as a scrum master working with one or preferably multiple teams
- Expert in facilitating and leading scrum ceremonies.
- Strong experience with scrum tools including Jira (or similar tool), Release Burn-ups, burn-downs, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required to communicate to management, internal customers, and other stakeholders
- Thorough understanding of team dynamics and ability to de-escalate tense situations, increase transparency and self-improvement
- Proficient mentoring other scrum masters and team members to more effective agile processes.
- Must be self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
- Good understanding of Architecture and Development Standards and Guidelines
- Independently plans own work and is accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 9, 2018