Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Keith Andrew Vogel
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is part of a group of experts who provide guidance to clients over the phone or video conference on their financial plans and recommend solutions for their needs. These Consultants work with clients to understand their goals, wishes, and wants, so that they can plan for their financial futures. Part of this role includes uncovering and understanding how life events impact client needs. These Planning Consultants work with clients to make sure they feel confident about their financial plans that the client created and then provide recommendations around actions that would benefit the client.
What you’ll do:
These Planning Consultants will maintain ongoing support for clients enrolled in this offer through ongoing check-ins and annual reviews.
As a Planning Consultant at Charles Schwab, you will provide clients with planning guidance, suggestions around their financial needs and goals, and recommendations on the right portfolios for their needs. Specific responsibilities include:
- Helping clients review and refine financial plans that they have completed prior to the meeting.
- Preparing for client conversations by reviewing plan details and creating recommendations for the client
- Quickly building rapport with clients and conducting discovery conversations to better understand their needs.
- During client conversations, providing education around Planning topics, answering questions around the Planning tool and the client’s plan more broadly, and helping clients make adjustments to their plans if necessary.
- Providing ongoing support for the clients beyond the first appointment, including determining the client’s ongoing appropriateness for this type of investment solution.
- Selling / Closing business
- Recommending specific portfolio(s) based on the client’s plan and needs.
- Applying a planning-based, consultative approach to assess and find appropriate solutions to meet client’s needs.
- Actively engaging with clients by advising services and solutions that meet their needs and financial goals.
- Enrolling clients into the right portfolios.
- Proactively following up with clients to close business
- Time management / organization / ability to leverage new technologies
- Managing a calendar of appointments for clients having their first time or follow up planning conversations
- Updating and compile information through Schwab’s internal customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Conducting follow up appointment activities, such as connecting clients with internal Schwab Specialists or teams, etc.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people
What you have:
We place a premium on high performance, quality service and the ability to execute our strategy. Essential skills include:
- CFP (required)
- Active FINRA Series 7
- Active FINRA Series 63/65 or 66
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prefer a minimum of 3 years of financial services experience
- Passion for financial planning as a way to help clients manage their financial futures and build stronger relationships with clients
- Ability to build client trust to uncover client wishes, wants, and needs to better understand how to help them plan for their financial future
- Genuine interest in understanding client life events and translating what that means for a client’s plan
- Demonstrated experience showing passion for the client and the ability to strengthen and retain client relationships within one-off conversations
- Preferred: Insurance licensing
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||Certified Financial Planner - CFP, FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree, IN - Indianapolis
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, March 19, 2018