Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
What you’ll do:
As a Sr. Manager of Service Availability and Engineering, you’ll lead a highly engaged, top-performing team of reliability engineers who support critical systems and applications in production and work to develop tools, monitors and alerting to proactively identify and remediate production issues. You’ll work closely with business partners, development teams, and colleagues across the organization to continuously improve our products, processes, and availability, leveraging your passion for innovative IT solutions and a modern vision of DevOps culture.
What you have:
- 8+ years progressive experience leading/managing IT teams with project management, resource management and offshore resource management capabilities.
- Authentic, hands-on people leadership experience.
- Proven history of coaching and developing staff.
- Ability to attract, engage, and retain top technical talent.
- Communication and collaboration should be your default setting.
- You are highly adaptable and see change as something to embrace.
- Experience with and passion for DevOps culture of collaboration and toolsets.
- Extraordinary problem solving, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- The highest level of integrity and sense of accountability to our clients and your team.
- Demonstrated progressive responsibility supporting highly critical systems and applications with required 24x7 availability.
- Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across teams and organizations.
- Deep level of familiarity with implementing and reporting on operational KPIs
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including release management and release engineering.
- Proven track record of innovation and solution delivery.
- Skilled at process design and improvement.
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, and cloud based application development, web services, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security and business intelligence.
- Experience leading in an Agile environment and implementation
- Atlassian suite (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo)
- MongoDB or other non-relational DBs
- Experience with cloud-based service models, especially PaaS. Pivotal Cloud Foundry in particular is a huge plus.
- ITIL proficiency, in particular incident and problem management best practices
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, February 26, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, August 2, 2018