Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Corporate Vendor Management (VM) at Charles Schwab & Co. is responsible for implementing a firm-wide, end-to-end vendor relationship management process to maximize vendor performance and value. Corporate VM identifies, mitigates, monitors, and manages vendor risk; and assists Schwab in meeting regulatory and compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
The Manager, Risk and Controls - Third Party Vendor Management plays a critical role in third-party risk identification, management and mitigation. The Manager will be responsible for the vendor risk lifecycle from on-boarding through to termination. The position has many stakeholders, from peers in Corporate VM, who liaise directly with Schwab Business Owners, to internal Risk Groups to the vendors themselves. Risk work is end-to-end – from risk assessment and due diligence during onboarding to ongoing monitoring and risk mitigation as the vendor relationship progresses. This role will be required to understand the service or product to be acquired; issue and manage the completion of due diligence questionnaires with vendors; coordinate due diligence review with relevant risk groups; follow-up with vendor on outstanding remediation activities; and obtain updated due diligence documentation on an annual basis. This position will support the Market Data, Financial Services and Human Resources categories and will act as a risk focused subject matter expert and thought partner in supporting the Sourcing Managers during sourcing projects and contract negotiations.
What you have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business stakeholders
- Passion for understanding and mitigating risk, and ability to sift through multiple vendor risk “inputs” to make decisions on how to move forward
- Flexible and adaptable in handling change
- Ability to manage multiple projects and succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 3+ years of experience in vendor management, risk management, compliance, audit or a related field is required, preferably in a regulated industry
- Knowledge of internal controls, financial/banking regulations, operational risk and/or vendor due diligence is preferred
- Knowledge of Market Data, Financial Services and Human Resources category management a plus
- Proficiency in Excel is required, and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-6+ yrs, Internal Audit, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Human Resources-6+ yrs, Human Resources-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CO - Englewood, CO - Denver
Activation Date: Monday, February 26, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018