Charlotte - NC, CHARLOT, 4529 Sharon Road, 28211-3521
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
As a member of the Schwab Retirement Technologies Software Development team, you will be immersed in a collaborative, innovative, and technically challenging environment. Our opportunity focuses on designing, building and supporting the Retirement technology space with the very latest technology and user experience.
What you’ll do:
You will be part of a development team responsible for building Next Generation applications to support our external clients that are managing Retirement plans and solutions. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering and hosting solutions that enable our clients to grow and succeed in the retirement space. The candidate will focus his/her efforts on designing and developing front-end and middle-tier components utilizing technologies such as Angular and .Net. Additionally, the successful candidate will be exposed to other technologies such as SQL, Responsive design, OData etc. while working on an Agile SCRUM team.
What you have:
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about learning new and existing technologies in order to provide exceptional software solutions. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth. Qualifications include the following:
- Bachelors in Science in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science.
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in enterprise web application development.
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in object oriented languages such as C#, Java, or C++
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, such as software design patterns.
- 5+ years demonstrated real world experience in SQL database principle
- Extensive front end experience using technologies such as NPM, NodeJS, Grunt/Gulp/Bower, Webpack/SystemJS, Typescript, Bootstrap, and Angular (2+)
- Experience using and setting up projects to use LESS/SASS
- Experience with animations and transitions
- Experience in RESTful service design and implementation
- Experience with creating/consuming RESTful Web Services (c# WEB-API)
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture
- Experience with modern design patterns.
- Experience developing using TDD
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior developers.
- Experience building designs and reviewing them with architects.
- Expertise in the agile software development life-cycle with proven examples of process improvement.
- The ability to demonstrate Sprint deliverables to Product Owners.
- A yearning to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
- Strong work ethic, design and development skills, strong problem solving and the ability to partner with business and technologists across the organization is required.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Charlotte
Activation Date: Friday, February 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018