Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are currently offering the opportunity for a dynamic and engaging individual to join Schwab Derivatives. Schwab Derivatives provides dedicated support to clients on the derivatives’ and options trading platforms, through the Client Service and Support (CS&S) group within Charles Schwab. CS&S is a team of financial services professionals who provide guidance and solutions to help our retail clients take charge of their futures. We build trust and inspire confidence through exceptional service one connection at a time. With a focus on inspiring client loyalty and a commitment to employee engagement through career development, we support clients and employees in reaching their goals. Schwab provides extensive training and internal support that affords employees the opportunity to be successful in service delivery.
What you’ll do:
As a Team Manager, you will have the opportunity to;
- Lead a team of up to 15 Derivatives Trading Specialists to deliver value and memorable service experiences that promote client loyalty through engaging phone/chat based interactions
- Build your team’s expertise in the areas of proactive client interaction skills, market knowledge, and engaging clients in help & guidance conversations
- Develop team members through coaching, career development mentoring, and motivational techniques
- Assess and resolve escalated client issues at a moment’s notice, helping clients navigate Charles Schwab’s products and services
- Effectively recognize strategic business opportunities, demonstrating initiative and taking calculated business risks
- Work collaboratively with other managers and leadership in cross departmental projects and initiatives to improve the organization.
What you have:
- Active Series 7 & 63 (or 66) licenses required
- Active Series 8, or 9 &10 licenses and Active Series 3 & 4 licenses (These licenses can be obtained under a condition of employment)
- Strong leadership, motivational, and coaching skills with ability to drive results and develop employees; includes leading engagement efforts via ongoing action planning and supporting activities
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage/financial services industry with minimum three years prior experience (required), including business development and trading operations (preferred).
- At least one year supervisory/management experience (required), with three to five years (preferred).
- Demonstrated passion for providing client-centric solutions
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence and build consensus as well as proven presentation skills
- Proven experience working collaboratively, improving productivity, and implementing ideas
In addition, ideal candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related discipline
- Prior experience with staffing, capacity planning, and traffic management
- Completion of management/leadership training courses
- Ability to work a flexible shift, which may include early morning hours, late night hours, or weekend hours
What you’ll get:
In addition to base salary, team managers may take advantage of Schwab’s extensive benefits program and also have the opportunity to earn a bonus which rewards team goals, client satisfaction, client retention, and profitable company growth. Schwab employees also have the opportunity to take part in community service projects and other company events. If you want to work with a financial services firm that values integrity, open communication, perseverance and a relentless focus on helping clients achieve their life goals, consider a career at Charles Schwab. Other benefits include:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 3, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Friday, February 23, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018