Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Gena Elise Goolsby
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s focus on compliance goes back nearly 20 years. We helped to grow the industry from the beginning and have grown with it not by accident but by design, with a series of ‘firsts’, and in some cases ‘onlys’
- The first Proactive Trade Blocking technology
- The first broker dealer to digitize and offer employee monitoring
- The first software as a service tools
- A complete suite of tools and services
As part of the Compliance Solutions team, we have an opportunity to help firms leverage services and tool to help put business ethics and CCO at the center of their businesses, rather than a check box. Join Compliance Solution to empower CCOs and help them demonstrate the power and value of business ethics and Compliance.
What you’ll do:
Application Support Engineer will serve as a key member of the technology team to provide technical support for applications of compliance solutions business.
- Own and drive system monitoring, availability and alerting initiatives
- Troubleshooting application issues by writing, debugging, analyzing and reviewing complex application code
- Analyze the application issues or defects and suggest technical improvements to the Agile sprint team
- Provide detailed technical root cause of the issues identified with analysis of data and application source code and perform modification if required
- Create and run batch/SQL/python/Shell scripts as required for configurations and application support
- SO(Single Sign On) implementations, support and detailed application log analysis and understanding technical systems used on the client side
- Technical documentation/client communication of support activities with an eye on improving the existing processes.
What you have:
The ideal candidate should have approximately 4-6 years of strong background in supporting and maintaining enterprise web applications built using Java, Java scripts, Web services, RDBMS.
- 4+ Years of strong experience supporting, maintaining and troubleshooting Web Applications
- 2+ Years of experience working with Oracle - SQL, PL/SQL code, REST, Web Services, JMS, AJAX, SSO and Spring frameworks
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Proficient skills in using and setup of log management tools like Splunk, Tableau, SumoLogic etc.
- Proficient in creating and maintaining technical documentation
- Strong knowledge of system & software architecture, object oriented design and working knowledge of microservice architecture
- Experience in defining technical severity, impact analysis of an issue, ability to perform across cross-functioning technical as well as non-technical teams
- Experience in writing and maintaining Windows and/or Shell scripts
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Hadoop based Big Data platform like Hortonworks Data Platform; Understanding and working knowledge of Ambari, Yarn, Hive
- Experience in troubleshooting issues across different frameworks to handle backend data feed processing, scheduling, encryption and feed communication
- Domain knowledge of financial services is preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, August 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018