Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services’ approximately 7,000 registered independent advisors manage over $1 trillion of assets at Schwab. Within Advisor Services, the Advisor Technology Solutions team is specifically focused on helping advisors deliver an exceptional client experience, while driving their own firm’s productivity by providing them with industry leading proprietary and third-party technology solutions.
What you’ll do:
Advisor Technology Solutions is seeking an experienced Product Owner to plan and drive the execution of multiple projects within our Portfolio Management Solutions team as we build our next generation of portfolio management platform. Key components of the role include:
The team is responsible for:
- Execution - On all aspects of technology product development including the definition, creation, development and implementation of the core solutions
- Client service – Serve clients in our digital advice products with compelling experiences and strong portfolio management
- Product Management- supporting internal Client in first in class Product Delivery of Portfolio management solutions in Agile development environment.
What you will learn:
- Work with business partners to understand their roadmaps, elicit product requirements, and prioritize issues.
- Be the SME for business rules, data models and calculations for one area of portfolio performance measurement.
- Negotiate data service contracts with business partners, to ensure our platform will provide them with the portfolio performance calculations they need.
- Apply product management best practices and controls to align multiple teams working on related areas in parallel.
- Establish and maintain product management systems & documentation
- Adapt project scope, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks
- Drive stakeholder and organizational alignment on product priorities and trade-offs.
What you have:
The person in this role should be a self-starter with a well-rounded skill set to work effectively on a variety of initiatives. Specifically, this person should have:
- Proven leadership skills including excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills to inspire and motivate others to achieve results that support the company’s goals and vision.
- Experience as the Product Owner for an Agile development team including: writing user stories, story grooming, sprint planning, and management of the product backlog.
- Strong written and oral communications
- Comfort operating in a dynamic and fast-moving environment
- 5+ years of business analysis/product management experience
- 2+ years of experience in financial services particularly working with Registered Investment Advisors.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018