Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Team Manager – Ledning Servicing (PAL) is responsible for building, training, supervising, coaching, and leading a team of the PAL Support Team (PST). The PAL Support Team is responsible for providing a robust, premier, client application and servicing experience for our Pledged Asset Line of Credit product. This is accomplished by providing a 'high touch', high quality, lending origination experience, while ensuring that the client experience is in line with Schwab's value proposition and continues to build the client's trust and relationship with Schwab. The PAL Support Team will support continued growth of the PAL product, as well as work with clients with maturing loans on re-applying for or closing their loans. The Team Manager – PAL Support Team is a first line of defense position for Charles Schwab Bank and assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations in the context of their responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Hire, train, and supervise a team of PAL lending professionals dedicated to providing a premier client experience throughout each stage of the loan process.
- Develop and execute on a Plan of Supervision to ensure service level standards are being met, products are being appropriately recommended and described, and compliance with all applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
- Work with internal partners to continue maturing all aspects of PAL product delivery, including application, processing, and servicing.
- Implement a new lending origination platform and assist in the re-design of current processes and procedures.
- Build a highly engaged, client focused team of specialists in order to deliver an outstanding client experience.
- Create and manage multiple reports for operational aspects of PAL originations and servicing, allowing for greater transparency within PST processing environment.
- Delegate duties appropriately to Sr. Specialists and Associates to ensure a seamless operational experience
- Perform quality control reviews on applications, loan documents, client letters, new PALs and various data warehouses to ensure compliance with internal policies and banking regulations.
- Execute loan documents on behalf of Schwab Bank, within delegated authority guidelines.
- Perform oversight and review of verbal and written communications between PAL Support Team employees and outside clients and/or RIAs.
- Partner with key stakeholders on a variety of projects critical to the sustained success of the PAL product, providing functional support and product expertise as requested.
- Work closely with all PAL Support Team Managers to ensure applications, service requests and other workflow items are processed efficiently and accurately by PST Associates and Sr. Specialists.
- Oversee a team within PAL support which will:
- Work with clients by phone to complete PAL applications.
- Help clients navigate and complete the PAL application.
- Work with clients to obtain missing information and perfect the application.
- Complete all aspects of processing with the exception of underwriting.
- Serve as an SME and an escalation point for all PAL related questions.
- Respond to questions and issues within agreed-upon service level standards.
- Provide detailed responses to questions, offering alternatives and ensuring an excellent client experience.
- Provide outstanding customer service throughout each stage of the PAL process, communicating with all interested parties, such as clients, RIAs, BCSs, and FCs.
- Support other aspects of the PAL opening and maintenance as the product continues to grow.
What you have:
- FINRA Series 9/10, 7, 63 Licenses
- 7 or more years of experience in serving high net worth and investment advisor clients with complex lending solution needs.
- A strong understanding of complex lending products, preferably including margin lending
- Proven ability to meet individual as well as organization sales goals and high service level scores
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to build highly engaged and productive teams
- Bachelors degree
- Relationship and client retention management experience and success
- Ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders distributed through various business lines
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Customer Service-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018