Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Risk Management, we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Bank Risk, Enterprise Risk, Information Security Risk, Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk. Within each of these areas, we develop a framework for how much risk we are willing to accept as a firm and establish processes for identifying, evaluating, measuring, monitoring and reporting against that framework. The Business Continuity team assists departments with identifying their exposure to internal and external threats, determining the impacts from business interruptions and disasters, facilitates the response and recovery from incidents, and to implement sound strategies that provide effective prevention and recovery for the organization, while maintaining competitive advantage and value system integrity.
The Senior Manager, Business Continuity applies a broad range of knowledge, skills and experiences within the Business Continuity domain to accomplish assigned objectives. The role performs and assists the team with Risk Assessments, conducts Business Impact Analysis (BIA) Assessments with assigned teams, develops Business Continuity Testing Requirements, provides oversight and coordinates plan tests and identifies any recovery gaps, develops and maintains strategies to reduce risk and close gaps identified during risk assessment and testing, conducts regular plan maintenance; assists in managing the recovery during a disaster as needed, and assists with incident response responsibilities, including communications and development of communication and crisis management plans. This position also performs Quality Assurance activities to determine the effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement in all aspects of the program.
What you’ll do:
- Effectively interact with business units to provide end to end Business Continuity solutions spanning activities involving Incident Management support, Business Continuity life cycle activities, Technology and Third Party continuity efforts
- Apply existing knowledge and skills to develop fit for purpose Business Continuity Plans across the organization and perform activities in support of the end-to-end Business Continuity program
- Conduct Risk Assessments to identify threats, risks; perform analysis to develop cost effective and viable mitigation measures
- Conduct Business Impact Analysis interviews to gather impact data and identify dependencies in order to determine Recovery Time Objectives
- Coordinate and facilitate Business Continuity plan exercises
- Document results and lessons learned from Business Continuity plan exercises and live events
- Conduct Awareness and Training activities with business units and report results
- Support the facilitation of crisis management activities for a wide variety of physical, operational, technology, and cybersecurity incidents as needed
- Provide logistical and subject matter expert support for the assessment, development, implementation and revision of business continuity and emergency preparedness policies, programs, procedures and plans
- Review/analyze Third Party Business Continuity considerations in alignment with FFIEC Appendix J requirements
- Support projects that align to Business Continuity and Incident Management team objectives
- Partner in supporting activities associated with data management, analytics, and reporting across the Business Continuity and Incident Management team
What you have:
- 5+ years of Business Continuity domain experience
- 5 years of collective Incident Management experience preferably in financial industry
- Understanding of financial industry and associated regulations
- Knowledge and application of Business Continuity professional practices: Risk Evaluation and Control, Business Impact Analysis, Business Continuity Strategies, Emergency Response and Operations, Business Continuity Plans, Awareness and training programs, Business Continuity Plan exercises, Audit and maintenance, and Crisis Communications
- Experience with facilitating Emergency Response activities in response to an exercise or event
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) or MBCP (Master Business Continuity Professional) certification
- Project management experience and have led or managed teams is a plus
- Refined verbal and written communication skills; must be extremely comfortable with and highly effective at communicating to senior management
- Experience with Business Continuity planning software exercise or event
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018