Henderson - NV, NV2360CC, 2360 Corporate Circle, 89074
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Bank Lending Products and Distribution group is seeking a high potential Ultra High Net Worth Senior Banker who will consider the financial needs of the client and recommend bank lending solutions to Schwab’s Financial Consultants (FCs) and their Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) clients. Bank lending products include residential mortgages, home equity lines of credit, and securities based lending. Schwab Bank also offers trust services and deposit products including checking and savings accounts. The UHNW Senior Banker will be responsible for serving clients with $20MM+ in assets, and will work closely with partners across the Bank including the Bank Sales Team, Bank Credit Team, Pledged Asset Line Support Team, Mortgage Concierge Team and Trust and Deposit service teams to develop solutions and recommendations meeting the unique needs of UHNW clients. This role encompasses internal marketing such as office visits and client meetings as requested by FCs and their UHNW clients. The UHNW Senior Banker will also coordinate with UHNW clients’ accountants, attorneys or other professionals as needed.
What you’ll do:
- Advise UHNW clients on appropriate Bank lending, deposit and trust solutions including products, pricing and recommended deal structures. Gather information from clients using internal and external resources for the completion of the application process.
- Partner with Financial Consultants in assigned region to discuss UHNW client base and identify lending, deposit and trust opportunities and recommend opportunity action plans.
- Establish a reputation of execution and excellence. Gain confidence of FCs to fully develop lending, deposit and trust opportunities with their UHNW clients.
- Develop and present creative and intelligent lending, deposit and trust solutions; consult partners, such as credit specialists, as needed.
- Take ownership of banking client experience from initial contact to loan funding or account establishment, working closely with partners and third party providers to ensure a smooth process for UHNW clients.
- Work with and communicate effectively with Financial Consultants, Branch Managers, and Branch staff.
- Responsible for the early identification of complex transaction structures, such as: entity, trust, guarantor, co-op, unique property requirements, condensed time-frames, properties under construction, need for multiple co-borrowers.
- Maintain full awareness of status for all UHNW banking applications in pipeline and function as primary Schwab Bank liaison for all parties involved in bank account opening process, including service, credit, risk and third party vendors.
- Address all issues surfaced during loan process and assist with underwriting requests for additional information as needed.
What you have:
- Minimum of 5 years of successful lending consultation and business development experience with a private bank or working closely with UHNW clients.
- Expert knowledge of credit products including residential mortgage products, home equity lines of credit, and securities based loans. Familiarity with bank deposit and cash management products and brokerage margin product as well as business banking requirements and structures.
- Proven ability to analyze cash flow and balance sheet of UHNW retail brokerage clients and develop client’s personal financial statement. General understanding of estate planning techniques, entity structuring, and tax strategies.
- Strong skills in diplomacy, discretion, and professionalism; ability to efficiently, tactfully & professionally screen, manage and/or decline transactions while maintaining FC and UHNW client relationships.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Exceptional presentation skills.
- Strong relationship building capabilities with Financial Consultants, Branch Managers, UHNW clients, and matrix partners (e.g., service, credit, risk and third party vendors).
- Strong collaboration skills in a team-oriented environment.
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and work efficiently, independently and with teams, to meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Strong command of mortgage underwriting guidelines. Completion of formal credit training strongly preferred.
- NMLS license required or to be obtained within 90 days of employment.
- Banking background with experience working with HNW brokerage clients strongly preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Series 7 and 63 and or 66 license required.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
- Customer Orientation: Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Fostering Teamwork: As a team member, the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together cooperatively.
- Results Orientation: Focusing on the desired end result of one’s own or one’s units work; setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NV - Henderson
Activation Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018