Henderson - NV, NV2360CC, 2360 Corporate Circle, 89074
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Manager of the Community Development Group (CDG) of Charles Schwab Bank is responsible for supporting all members of the group regarding portfolio management and reporting, financial and transaction analysis and due diligence, loan and investment management, data reporting, and operations. This position is the portfolio manager in the Community Development Group.
What you’ll do:
Portfolio Management & Reporting
- Provide support for post-closing monitoring and management of loans and investments, including monitoring cash flows, invoicing, and processing wire requests.
- Assist Managing Director, Portfolio Management and Business Operations in processing, creating and distributing reports on a quarterly, annual, and, when necessary, interim basis to track the macro and micro performance of the CDG portfolio by spreading client financial reports, communicating with clients, and critically assessing the clients’ financial performance.
- Track and report on progress made toward Charles Schwab Bank’s CRA Strategic Plan goals.
- Assist Managing Director, Lending and Compliance in performing due diligence, financial analysis and underwriting loan transactions on an as-needed basis.
- Work with Director of Grants and Services to review financial statements of organizations applying for grants and in any other aspect, as needed, of the grant and service process.
- Develop financial analyses to evaluate existing and new products and programs.
- Conduct market and product research as necessary.
- Support Senior Managers, Directors, and Vice President on special projects when necessary.
What you have:
- Minimum five years of experience in finance and/or community development banking
- Minimum four years of experience in portfolio management
- Strong attention to detail, excellent analytical and quantitative talent
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Excel, strong ability with Microsoft PowerPoint and other Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with GAAP accounting preferred
- Experience with CRA Wiz preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to convey financial messages in easy to understand language
- Ability to self-lead and work with little supervision
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and build strong partnerships with other departments within the Firm and vendors outside the Firm
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree such as MBA or Master of Finance, Urban Planning, Public Administration, etc. preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||NV - Henderson
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018