Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701B, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Junior Database Administrator will be responsible for the installation, creation, configuration, implementation, administration and support of Microsoft SQL Server Databases, You will perform day-to-day SQL Server support activities (including backup and recovery). Also, you will ensure regular operation and availability of SQL Server databases and tuning of databases for optimal performance.
What you’ll do:
- Installation, configuration, backup, recovery, upgrades and schema changes.
- Diagnosing server problems and employing preventive measures to maintain high availability of our MS SQL Server
- Monitoring and optimizing SQL Server and non-Oracle database performance.
- Providing database operations support, monitoring databases and backups, resolving repetitive and simple events and escalating complex incident according to the standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining Instance strategy for all enterprise business systems through their development cycle.
- Resolving day-to-day application operation issues and problems by self or software vendor support.
- Works in accordance with the change control procedures and ensures compliance of change control and any other IS procedure or work instruction that ensures compliance to IS policy and ISO. Establish and recommend policies on system use and services.
- Provides regular status reporting (verbal and written).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What you have:
- 2 to 5 years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or higher version
- Bachelor Degree in related major (i.e. Computer Science or Equivalent)
- Experience in SQL tuning and TSQL scripting
- Experience in SQL backup and recovery
- Experience in Windows Server (2008 or higher)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent service orientation, written and oral communication skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
- Keen attention to detail.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-DBA-2-5 yrs, IT-DBA-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, April 24, 2018