Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a UI Engineer who will create digital software interfaces and improve the experience of our users. You should be able to translate visual designs into functional and interactive applications.
What you’ll do:
- Build semantically correct user-friendly web pages, emails, and assets
- Use responsive design techniques when coding
- Collaborate with a variety of different teams including: designers, architects, back-end teams
- Build accessible web pages
- Ensure high quality of standards
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Write documentation and guidelines as needed
- Working with build scripts like grunt, and preprocessors like LESS
- Keep accurate time-tracking
- Build Drupal modules and templates
- Optimize applications for load time
What you have:
- Strong fluency in HTML, and CSS.
- Strong understanding of building responsive web pages
- Strong ability in converting layouts in Photoshop to working pages
- Experience in accessibility following WCAG 2.0 AA guidelines
- Experience working with AJAX and API’s.
- Experience working with Grunt or other build scripts
- Experience cross browser testing and device testing.
- Experience working with preprocessors like LESS, SASS
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Comfortable building and editing SVG’s
- Comfortable building animation using JS and CSS transitions
- Comfortable working in Drupal 8 and Acquia CMS
- Comfortable debugging using a variety of tools including chrome inspector
- Strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems
- Familiar with AngularJS and ReactJS
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018