Phoenix - AZ, PHXPEAK, 2423 E Lincoln Dr, 85016-1215
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Operational Services Account Solutions (OSAS) provides operational support for Advisor Services, Investor Services and Schwab’s International business. OSAS provides service to our investor services clients, financial advisors and branch Financial Consultants to fulfill our purpose of championing every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill client needs and have a focus on employee development and collaboration.
What you’ll do:
The candidate will work extensively with the OSAS management team and business partners to help execute process improvement within the department. The candidate will develop, write and maintain procedures for all OSAS functions. The candidate will represent the leadership team and be the voice of the business on projects, providing deep and timely insight into key issues facing OSAS. Projects are broad in scope and require initiative, strategic thinking and leadership skills. The candidate must be comfortable facilitating groups and influencing individuals across a range of tenures and working styles. The candidate will need to be flexible and able to prioritize effectively to meet deadlines and manage interruptions without risking the success of department goals. Balancing attention to detail with the bigger picture is essential. The candidate must be a self-motivated and results-oriented individual with strong teamwork skills who can make critical decisions that have high impact to the business.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience required
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage/financial services industry with prior Operations experience strongly preferred
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism, integrity and strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence, build consensus and integrate complex information
- Ability to document and present procedures for tasks of varying complexity, and understand impact of changes on other areas
- Must be team-oriented, great at problem solving, able to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a dynamic and fast moving environment
- Passion for learning, driving process simplification and respectfully challenging the status quo
- Excellent judgment and risk analysis skills are required
- Series 7 and 9/10 preferred
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Influence: Presents arguments that address other’s most important concerns and issues and looks for win-win solutions
- Forward Thinking: Anticipates the consequences of situations and plans accordingly
- Initiative: Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required to
- Flexibility: Demonstrates openness to new organizational structures, procedures, and technology
- Personal accountability: Recognizes what one can and can’t control; focuses energy on areas that one can affect rather than on things one can’t
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018