San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $320 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
This position is responsible for all aspects of business operations for equities and multi-asset strategies. The equities and multi asset strategies group manages over $185 billion in assets in 106 Mutual Funds, ETFs and Collective Trust Funds. The role will be responsible for coordinating activities, workflows and resources in support of projects that impact equity and multi asset strategies investment teams with moderate to high complexity. In addition he/she will be responsible for understanding and complying with firm policies and procedures and to escalate issues on behalf of the equity and multi-asset strategies investment teams.
What you’ll do:
- Take input from the business and represent investment teams to prioritize Technology projects, review and approve vendor contracts in coordination with CSIM vendor management team.
- Research issues and questions, gathers and assimilates data, manages workflow and prepares written recommendations and reports to the CIO of equities and multi asset strategies, including corporate actions, cross trades, index rebalance plans and documentation of operating events.
- Responsible for coordinating ETF capital markets reporting and operational requirements, including AP cost analysis, reconciliation of basket settlements breaks with CSIM middle office.
- Develop, execute and maintain a detailed project plans which includes specific tasks, accountability and all sites involved on behalf of investment teams. This includes new subadvisor relationships, investment guideline coordination with Schwab bank and fiduciary oversight officer
- Responsible for representing investment teams with key business partners, product management, product development, investment risk, internal audit, operations, legal and compliance.
- Manage project scope and expectations with both internal and external project team members. This includes quarterly broker evaluation, commission reports, liquidity evaluation and quantitative risk model implementation
- Move strategic plans from initial vetting to implementation, advising the investment teams impacted by the inherent changes also required for its success. This includes new fund launches, new client implementations and open of new country among others
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in corporate finance, strategy, business development or similar highly preferred. MBA strongly preferred.
- Ten to fifteen years of experience in project management, strategy or business management
- Prior experience in asset management, investment technology and/or operations.
- An analytical penchant, time-management aptitude and effective communication skills; able to develop and maintain strong internal network contacts
- Keen ability to concentrate on planning, implementing and successfully completing projects.
- Strong leadership and communication skills to interact with and direct the work efforts of many different people, ranging from specialists to supervisors, developers, senior managers and business leads
- Exceptional organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment.
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Friday, February 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 17, 2018