Fort Worth - TX, TX13601F, 13601 North Freeway, 76177
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for an experienced Managing Director who will be responsible for our Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) and Data-Centric Audit & Protection (DCAP) teams. This leader is an experienced technology manager accustomed to running large teams of engineers, architects and managers with a significant scope of responsibility. You are a senior and trusted leader for business and technology partners in helping drive effective decision making, delivery of security initiative projects, and responsible for all aspects of the team including recruiting, performance management, career growth and supporting our development, technology and business partners’ needs. Our ideal candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to get his/her hands dirty, has a strong Cloud development and Data Audit focused background, communicates well, and is passionate and continually curious about cloud services, technology and the web. Lastly, they will be required to manage resources across disparate locations and engineering leadership on products ranging from PaaS/SaaS/IaaS Security technology and shared database platform auditing and security.
What you’ll do:
- Leading in the engineering vision, artifacts and best practices for our Cloud Security for Paas, IaaS, Shared Data security and audit control
- Leading technical teams in delivering highly scalable and reliable security solutions aligned to business timelines while ensuring alignment to strategic cybersecurity technology vision.
- Effectively collaborating with enterprise architecture, risk teams, support, and onboarding teams in building durable CASB and DCAP solutions.
- Managing day-to-day activities and influence team members to leverage, follow and support agile practices; includes the following:
- Develop and document resourcing roadmaps, budgets and schedules, ensure team is properly engaged, aware of career milestones/path, aware of their role on the team and how it relates to others, lastly aware of their contributions to our overall goals
- Lead all recruiting activities across the team (create different avenues when necessary).
- Identify gaps/risks early and establish mitigation plans (both technically & with regards to resources).
- Increase the overall visibility of this team; celebrate/track accomplishments and build relationships with key leaders in other groups.
- Continually strive for improvements in process, talent acquisition/retention, application time-to-market and quality.
What you have:
- 10+ years of database development management/leadership experience with at least 3 years focused on cloud technologies
- 5+ years’ experience running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies. Demonstrated ability to define, communicate strategy and vision and influence across the Enterprise is essential.
- Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that exceed business expectations.
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment, build strong relationships and promote collaboration, identify talent, recruit, hire, coach, mentor and build high performing technical teams; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability.
- Technical professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability. Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
- Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility.
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify stakeholders, assess their needs and manage their expectations through effective communication.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Innovative: Defines a compelling vision of the future, and develops breakthrough ideas, whether big or small, that support that vision
Talent Developer: Actively fosters the growth and development of individuals
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
Purpose Driven: Makes decisions that are aligned with “Through Clients’ Eyes” philosophy
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, February 16, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018