Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager – Operational Risk Management Validation & Control, this role will perform the execution of ongoing QA against established corporate policies and standards for the business continuity program and activities.
What you’ll do:
- Perform program reviews of the Business Continuity framework design and effectiveness;
- Perform validation testing activities on Business Continuity processes and controls to confirm adherence with policies, procedures, regulatory requirements/guidance, and industry best practices;
- Establish, manage and monitor project plans for the execution of QA reviews;
- Effectively communicate with business partners and assist in the development of reporting on QA activities including identified exceptions and remediation action plans in a clear and concise manner;
- Develop thematic reporting on control and process effectiveness;
- Facilitate QA results meetings with business partners and management stakeholders;
- Assist with gathering data and providing information during Internal Audit Reviews and Regulatory Examinations for Business Continuity and Operational Risk Management;
- Prepare necessary documentation to support the Business Continuity program, including procedures;
- Execute ad-hoc projects as needed; and,
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with colleagues in other risk and control functions.
What you have:
- 3+ years’ experience in audit, QA, oversight, SOX testing, enterprise/operational risk management, or similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Audit or a related area of study;
- Independent judgment with strong analytical and risk assessment skills;
- Knowledge of Business Continuity, internal controls, financial/banking regulations and risk assessment and mitigation;
- Project management skills with ability to work independently and with a team, prioritize and manage multiple projects and succeed in a fast-paced, heavy workload environment;
- 2+ years of team leadership and management experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven track record of building effective working relationships with internal and external business partners and senior leadership;
- Self-motivated, professional growth-oriented individual able to identify, lead and execute projects, program activities and reporting;
- Proficiency in Excel is required, and experience with Ariba, Hiperos, PeopleSoft and/or Access is preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018