Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Security Tools Senior Manager is responsible for the delivery, maintenance, and evolution of a world-class Security Tools infrastructure to include intrusion detection systems, endpoint protection, packet capture, threat intelligence platform, netflow among the many security tools used to power Threat Management and Monitoring and protect the enterprise. The Security Tools Senior Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Threat Management and Monitoring technology stack. This will include sizing systems to meet the demands of the enterprise, ensuring optimal performance for all Threat Management and Monitoring systems and SOC Analyst workstations.
What you’ll do:
The Security Tools Senior Manager will be responsible for hiring engineers with the appropriate skill sets and experience to manage all aspects of Threat Management and Monitoring technology. The Security Tools Senior Manager should be familiar with developing content for various technologies, evaluating tuning suggestions from the SOC Manager, and integration of intelligence data from Threat Intelligence teams. The SOC Manager will also work closely with other members of leadership to ensure consistency with strategic roadmaps and evaluation of emerging technologies. The Senior Manager will also be able to speak to the preventative and detective controls established within the tools.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems and/or 4 years’ experience managing people in a 24x7 operations environment
- Has managed a team of direct reports in operational environment
- Certifications: CISSP (preferred), CISM (optional)
- 5+ years of working with network or security devices
- Maintain a superior level of customer satisfaction with internal and external customers
- An ability to coordinate and organize work while meeting deadlines
- Decision making, written and oral communication and people management skills
- Proven team building and successful leadership qualities Training and maintaining operator knowledge
- Recruitment and management of Security Content Developer and Systems Engineers
- Responsible for managing security tool implementation projects to completion on time and within budget
- 4+ years’ experience with SIEM platforms
- 4+ years’ experience with Intrusion Detection Sensors
- 2+years’ experience with endpoint protection systems
- 2+ years’ experience with full packet capture technologies
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee
- Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnershipsNot just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 28, 2018