Phoenix - AZ, PHX8040, 8040 South 48th Street, 85044
Debra Andrea Mandell
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Bank is seeking a Manager to maintain and enhance the risk assessments within Compliance for Schwab Banking & Trust Services.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in maintaining and enhancing the risk assessment infrastructure devise and update various risk assessment project plans.
- Track updates to risk levels including the rationale for any changes.
- Actively participate in risk assessment discussions with Compliance, Legal, and Business Leaders.
- Be expected to remain current on regulatory changes and Firm policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues within the Compliance Department.
- Work as an individual contributor and when necessary, be responsible for leading the efforts of others.
What you have:
- Minimum 5+ years bank compliance experience with 1 - 2 years of experience in risk assessment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Basic understanding of the major banking laws and regulations: such as Regulation B (ECOA), Fair Housing Act, Regulation Z (TILA), Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act, Regulation DD (TISA), etc.
- Experience with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), State of Delaware, State of Nevada, and/or Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) exams/examination procedures preferred.
- Experience in Fair Lending and/or Unfair Deceptive and Abuse Acts and Practices (UDAAP) Risk Assessment and/or Analysis preferred.
- Project management skills and the ability to organize and process large amounts of data/information.
- Ability to clearly articulate the risk assessment process to key stakeholders.
- Professional certification(s) such as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Fiduciary and Investment Risk Specialist (CFIRS), or Certified Risk Professional (CRP) a plus.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Internal Audit, Banking-6+ yrs, Regulatory, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018