Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Liquidity Risk Oversight Function is situated within the Market and Investment Risk (MIR) department under the Corporate Risk Management (CRM) organization. The team’s primary function is to provide independent oversight and effective challenge of the firm-wide liquidity risk management processes.
What you’ll do:
- Provide independent analysis and effective challenge of liquidity stress testing assumptions, methodologies, and processes
- Support the ongoing maintenance and change management of liquidity stress testing models and assumptions
- Build analytical tools to understand variances in the firm-wide liquidity position and liquidity stress testing metrics (internal stress testing and LCR)
- Source internal data and conduct statistical analysis in support of liquidity monitoring activities by the “second line of defense” including risk limit and early warning indicators levels
- Calculate, monitor, and report liquidity risk metrics in accordance with the firm’s risk appetite
- Support the upgrade and further build out of the liquidity risk reporting structure
- Conduct gap analyses of liquidity risk management practices against supervisory guidance
- Aid in the preparation of presentation materials for the Board and senior management risk committees
This is an individual contributor role reporting into the Managing Director of Liquidity Risk Oversight.
What you have:
The Senior Manager of Liquidity Risk Oversight must be familiar with analytical methods and techniques, have great partnership skills coupled with an ability to challenge, and be proficient in using technology to query databases and prepare documentation for senior management.
The following qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or business related field
- 3+ years of liquidity risk management experience (Treasury, Risk Management, Regulatory Agency, Consulting)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact cross-functionally
- Strong process orientation and analytical skills
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task, perform under strict deadlines, and able to develop new processes
The following qualifications are preferred:
- A Master’s degree in Business, Finance, or other related field
- CFA or other related certification
- Familiarity with a bank’s balance sheet
- A general understanding of regulations pertaining to liquidity (SR 10-06, SR 12-07, Enhanced Prudential Standards)
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Experience creating presentations for executive audiences
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Investment Research-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 16, 2018