Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
It’s all about creating the future—for you and for us. We are Creative Center, Schwab’s award-winning in-house agency that creates and produces a wide range of external and internal communications for Schwab. We are uniquely positioned to grow client relationships, attract new clients, and bring innovative products to market effectively and efficiently. Our passion to bring our best thinking forward everyday drives our success. We are currently seeking a skilled Project Manager to join our team in Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
Project Managers (PM) are responsible for the end-to-end project management and successful delivery of concurrent projects across multiple media channels including, but not limited to digital, video, print and social media. The position calls for broad knowledge of the digital and print landscape and the ability to lead campaigns in close collaboration with internal project teams.
PMs are effective communicators between technical and non-technical stakeholders. At any given time, PMs must be able to manage a workload of approximately 10-15 interactive projects with life cycles of several weeks to several months.
The PM also develops best practices, optimizes current processes, and creates documentation and training opportunities for the PM team. Specific responsibilities include:
- Creating project schedules and managing workflow in the agency’s project management system
- Communicating with creative and production teams, monitoring project status, and moving projects forward by removing blockers and mitigating risks
- Acting as liaison between technical, creative and account teams to ensure the end result delivers on-brief and on time
- Assessing and consulting on technical feasibility and approach for projects; gathering and documenting technical and functional requirements as needed
- Have a solid grasp of basic and advanced project management principles along with having experience in successfully applying and advancing those principles
- Developing hours estimates and statements of work
- Managing partnerships with other Schwab teams outside of the agency
What you have:
Qualified candidates have a minimum of 3-5 years of project management experience; experience working within an established agency or marketing firm is a bonus. You also have:
- A positive attitude and the flexibility to operate in an environment with deadlines and changing demands
- Attention to detail, and strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with enterprise level project management tools such as Workfront, Jira or Basecamp
- A proven track record of success delivering a wide range of medium and large-scale projects
- The ability to collaborate across disciplines and partner with Account Managers to present work effectively to clients
- Proficiency with Windows
- Experience in highly regulated environments or at a financial institution is a bonus
- PMP is also a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs, Marketing-2-5 yrs, Advertising-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 22, 2018