Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Debra Andrea Mandell
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Vendor Technology Risk Management (VTRM) Sr. Analyst will be a key member of the Vendor Technology Risk Management team. This position is responsible for the program management and enhancement of the Schwab Vendor Technology Risk Management program. The main objective for this position is to ensure the protection of Schwab sensitive information that a Vendor may access, process and/or store while providing services for or on behalf of Schwab. The VTRM Sr. Analyst will assist the Managing Director of Vendor Technology Risk Management within Information Security Risk Management in day-to-day operations to ensure that the requirements of the Schwab Information Security Policy are carried out for any technology functions delegated to Schwab vendors, or for the protection of Schwab sensitive information entrusted to vendors, and to ensure that partner organizations such as the Vendor Management Office (VMO) and the Office of Corporate Counsel (OCC) are adequately supported in their efforts to conduct oversight of vendors.
What you’ll do:
The Schwab VTRM Analyst plays the key role in vendor controls review/recommendation, vendor selection recommendation, contract language negotiation, vendor deficiency management, vendor cyber incident management and vendor Information Security oversight program enhancement. The Schwab VTRM Analyst partners closely with Corporate Vendor Management, Schwab Legal and Business Vendor Owners to ensure information security program/practice compliance of Schwab vendors.
Key job responsibilities of the Schwab (VTRM) Analyst will include:
- Serving as the responsible subject matter expert on vendor cyber security risk which includes:
-Leading risk identification, quantification, and management efforts
-Providing risk evaluation and assessment of likelihood and impact of security findings, vulnerabilities and exceptions
- Drive all aspects of Information Security vendor assessments which include scheduling and conducting vendor Information Security assessments (questionnaires, third party security audit reports, onsite assessments, etc.) and escalating issues associated with vendors as needed.
- Identify and document deficiencies and vulnerabilities with a vendor’s Information Security program. Validate evidence from vendor, before findings are closed.
- Assess remediation plans and non-compliance acceptances across multiple business lines where Information Security standards compliance cannot be achieved.
- Coordinate Information Security incident management events, incident data collection, remediation activities and management reporting of vendor security incidents.
- Partner with Schwab Legal for inclusion/negotiation of appropriate Information Security contract language within vendor agreements (new, renewal and amendments).
- Identify opportunities for improving the vendor Information Security risk posture as well as Schwab’s vendor risk management processes, including expanded monitoring, KPI tracking, etc.
- Participate in planning and strategy discussions around program development and management priorities including generating ideas, identifying trends and developing recommendations to shape strategy and objectives.
- Develop and cultivate partnerships with functional and vendor-facing business units across the Charles Schwab enterprise.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
What you have
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3+ years of Audit/ IT and/or Information Security experience.
- 1+ years of IT security experience, in security risk and compliance assessments for applications, infrastructure, and vendor / third parties, review of technical security requirements, review, approve and track security exceptions and remediation.
- Exhibit strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, along with excellent written and oral communication skills that include being able to synthesize data, develop recommendations, and influence and persuade partners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify opportunities and execute to meet strategic objectives, along with a proven history of proactively identifying problems, determining pragmatic solutions, identifying and obtaining needed resources, and executing with little or no supervision
The following qualifications are strongly preferred:
- Financial Services experience
- Advanced Information Security certification (CISSP, CTPRP or equivalent is preferred, but CISM, CISA, or similar certifications are also useful
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs, Risk Analysis, IT-System Administration-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Tyler, TX - Montgomery, TX - Kingwood, TX - Frisco, TX - San Antonio, TX - Westlake, TX - Plano, TX - Lewisville, TX - Dallas, TX - Midland, TX - Houston, TX - Ft Worth, TX - Irving, TX - Sugarland, TX - El Paso, TX - Southlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018