Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
James D Hapgood
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Security Master Data Management team is responsible for consuming, packaging and delivering quality fundamental data, services and tools for Mutual Funds, Equities, ETFs and etc. from Fundamental Data Master (FDM), to internal and external partners to enhance Client and Rep experience at Schwab. The group's goal is to maintain Schwab’s leadership position as one of the premier destinations for investing and to continue to add value to clients, partners and Schwab’s bottom line. FDM is a complex platform that translates information from multiple market data providers into transparent, timely, accessible information for Schwab clients, such as institutional, retail and retirement investors.
What you’ll do:
Working in a team environment, the product owner plays a key role in managing a number of key initiatives, projects, and platform enhancements. The new hire will serve as a subject matter expert for the fundamental data related to FDM platform across the firm. The role will work with key business partners to help ensure that fundamental data is distributed to our partners for the client offerings and help identify opportunities for the product solutions. He or She will play a role in designing, developing and implementing new tools on FDM UI to enhance the visibility and REP efficiency. The role will be expected to help with the Software Development Life Cycle process; User Requirement Specifications, High Level Design, Consumer onboarding and business sign off. This position will work closely with business partners within client experience, web platform services, CSIM, CSIA, project management, compliance, legal and technology groups.
- Business Function for the Fundamental Data Master
- Assessing business requirements and leading collaboration between business units.
- Plays a pivotal role in publishing Performance data on monthly basis.
- Agile Product Owner
- Creates User Stories and prioritizes the backlog
- Participates during sprints, monitors progress, and follows platform overall vision
- Grooms and refines the backlog before every sprint
- Owns the acceptance or rejection of stories, sprints and releases
- Defines requirements
- Assists in the execution of companywide initiatives, for all the security type coverage.
- Preforms DFM administrative tasks
- Works well with agile cross-functional team
- Grooms and refines the backlog
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of fundamental data experience
- Extensive knowledge of different security types
- Strong analytic thinking skills, be able to effectively research and resolve business issues arising in various operating environments
- Familiarity using SQL to extract and analyze data
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office Products and applications
- Ability to execute with an agile project management framework
- Demonstrated experience with major market reference data providers and their products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Agile project management experience
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers.
- Identifying the information needed to clarify a situation, seeking that information from appropriate sources, and using skillful questioning to draw out the information when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Developing, sponsoring or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies.
- Faith in one’s own ideas and ability to be successful; willingness to take an independent position in the face of opposition.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, CO - Lone Tree
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018