Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Lance Alan Britton
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insight is a department of 140 team members focused on firm-wide strategic decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone, and then to make data-driven, strategic decisions. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
This Director of Support Analytics will be responsible for leading analytics projects in support of Schwab Bank, Operational Services, and firm-wide Text & Speech Analytics. The Director will lead a team to deliver thoughtful analysis, data-driven insights, actionable business recommendations, and strategic thought partnership.
What you’ll do:
- Drive business impact by influencing senior executives with recommendations to ensure complex analytical work is accessible and actionable
- Build, mentor, and lead a highly engaged team to deliver impactful results and demonstrate the importance of their work to the larger strategic picture
- Build relationships with business partners and cross-functional support resources to gain alignment across stakeholders and fully maximize resources to support a fact-driven and “through clients’ eyes” decision-making culture
- Demonstrate thought leadership by recommending appropriate analytic approaches and identifying new ways to apply research and analytics to grow the business
- Present results and recommendations to ensure complex work is accessible, actionable, and drives business results
- Manage all aspects of the project lifecycle, including scoping and prioritizing projects, anticipating obstacles and challenges, and nimbly adapting to changing business needs
- Create full visibility, transparency, and accountability throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Drive efficiency, accuracy, and usefulness of ongoing reporting of business metrics and trends
What you have:
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader, strategically minded and able to match analytic techniques to business problems. They will have a strong drive to understand clients and create business impact. This person will be an outstanding communicator and have the self-confidence to work comfortably with senior levels within the organization. S/he will have a demonstrable record of accomplishments within complex business environments and an ability to facilitate organizational change for improved performance. This individual must be able to see and remove obstacles to their team’s success, influence critical business recommendations, and build alignment through collaboration in a cross-functional, matrixed environment. As the leader of a team, this director will have direct supervisory leadership experience and be able to develop and mentor talent in these skill areas.
Key qualifications include:
- Exceptional consultative and relationship management skills, with proven ability to be seen as a trusted advisor and thought partner by senior executive decision makers
- Demonstrated experience directing analytic staff to deliver fact-based insights, while also developing talent in a fast-paced environment. Leadership skills demonstrated through direct supervisory experience at managing and directing teams with multiple staff members. Direct experience using or leading staff who use analytics and reporting tools, such as Python, SQL, and Tableau
- Strong business acumen and intellect, including a demonstrable understanding of how analytics and data are used for business problem-solving
- Collaborative interpersonal skills necessary to engage with business partners, scope projects, solicit and incorporate feedback, serve as a trusted content expert, and influence action
- Strong project execution skills with a proven track record of developing and implementing strategic initiatives to drive growth
- Sufficient systems and process aptitude to understand and direct reporting development for quality, efficiency and business relevance
- Strategy or management consulting experience preferred
- Financial services industry experience preferred
- Quantitative undergraduate degree from a highly selective college/university and/or MBA/similar advanced degree preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Monday, March 19, 2018