Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701B, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a highly experienced, self-driven Data Analytics/Business Intelligence Developer, well versed in analytical and business intelligence reporting, relational databases, SQL, and data analysis. As a member of Service Assurance Engineering, you will work directly with technology and business partners to develop and support business data, statistical methods, and management reporting to provide insight into the performance of Schwab’s critical client facing systems.
What you’ll do:
Your work will include a high degree of data visualization and user-driven analysis capabilities geared toward driving action and business service reliability, it will provide predictive analysis to support improving reliability and availability of Schwab’s critical systems, and it will be the catalyst to drive the process of preforming “Health Reviews” for systems exhibiting signs of instability.
- Work aggressively toward developing optimal business intelligence strategies to satisfying short and longer term priorities with solutions ranging from traditional to more modern, interactive reporting tools
- Coordinate, compile and analyze highly complex reporting requests for the organization from a variety of sources. Verifies data for accuracy and is able to identify inconsistencies and recommend correction action
- Perform rigorous testing to assess the quality and accuracy of data in the system, support ideas and methodologies to ensure data quality
- Lead efforts in providing business performance visibility on scalable business intelligence and reporting platforms to drive business results
- Work with business teams to understanding and document their business, analytical, and reporting needs, including the identification of critical metrics and KPIs
- Leverage strong analytical and problem solving skills to identify and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision makers
- Partner closely with internal cross-function technology team members and analysts to deliver reporting projects that solve business requirements
What you have:
- 5+ years of Business Intelligence and/or Data Analytics
- 5+ years SQL structured programming, ad hoc queries, and data analysis development using Teradata, Oracle, and/or Microsoft SQL Server
- 5+ years of experience in creating highly interactive data visualization Tableau Desktop & Tableau Server dashboards using features such as data blending, extracts, LOD calculations, filters, actions, parameters, context filters, sets, groups and aggregate measures.
- Experienced developing dashboard wireframes and design requirements based on discussion with an understanding of technical and visual design considerations
- Superb acumen for managing priorities and determining you are working on the most impactful and value add item
- Ability to communicate/interact with business partners up to the VP level Work directly with business leaders to get beyond the initial “ask” to understand the underlying business needs, critical path, and timeline surrounding key goals
- Ability to consistently deliver solid, successful solutions with short development cycles that hit the mark on the initial delivery Knowledge of brokerage business, financial services, and/or Schwab a plus
What you’ll get:
• Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
• Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
• Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
• Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
• Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018