Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Banking & Trust Services (BTS) is the business enterprise within Schwab overseeing Charles Schwab Bank and the Charles Schwab trust companies. The BTS organization offers deposit, loan and trust products to Schwab clients who are looking for holistic wealth management solutions that complement their brokerage activities. The integrated banking and brokerage services represent the strong value proposition we offer our clients.
Charles Schwab Bank is a full-service bank that offers a range of competitive deposit and lending products. In 2003, we launched Schwab Bank as a bank for investors, and it has grown to be the 12th largest bank in the United States. Our goal is to offer a banking experience that complements the Schwab brokerage capabilities, providing banking products tailored to meet our clients’ unique needs as investors, all in one convenient location. Consistent with the brand, we offer exceptional client experience.
The Implementation Manager – Bank Operations is responsible for preparing the business on new change initiatives within the organization. The role supports projects related to financial operations and provides subject matter expertise to ensure end-to-end adoption and smooth transition of changes. The Implementation Manager – Bank Operations also plays a key role in improving operational efficiency, resolving complex issues, and driving innovation to deliver a differentiated client experience.
Charles Schwab Bank follows the three lines of defense model of risk governance. The Implementation Manager – Bank Operations is a first line of defense position for Charles Schwab Bank and assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal Bank regulations in the context of her/his responsibilities.
What you’ll do:
- Lead and/or consult on special project engagements often involving multiple internal partners
- Define and track project milestones and keep everyone informed regarding key deliverables
- Ensure consistent engagement with critical partners
- Facilitate timely communication of information and guidance required for decision making
- Anticipate issues and their effect on other areas of the company and work to proactively ensure that their impact is addressed
- Effectively recognize strategic business opportunities and seize them
- Proactively suggest, create, and implement ideas and programs to enhance the client experience
- Assist with the creation of presentations to project/program leadership
- Champion technology and production releases
- Continually reevaluate our processes to identify opportunities to increase operational efficiency
- Be the primary advocate and subject matter expert to resolve complex production issues
- Open tickets or project requests as needed
- Offer solutions and ideas for timely resolution; provide necessary guidance in tech calls
- Provide a forensic investigation into the cause of the issue and communicate/document results
- Build and maintain strong relationships with critical Bank vendors to resolve system issues quickly
- Apply knowledge to assist with business requirements and system enhancements
- Build collaborative working relationships with key business partners and stakeholders
- Work across organizational boundaries to build strong relationships at all levels of the organization
- Use persuasive communication to appropriately influence and overcome roadblocks
- Communicate updated procedures and processes to the team and business partners for new initiatives
- Understand and manage business expectations to translate ideas and plans into actions
What you have:
- 7+ years retail Bank experience
- Strong understanding of bank regulations, policies, and procedures
- Familiarity with Bank Deposit Applications, product functionality and Schwab system Bank interfaces
- Exceptional critical thinking, creative problem solving, and data analysis skills
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple priorities simultaneously
- Adept at navigating a highly matrixed organization and influencing across organizational boundaries
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; able to translate information and ideas in a concise manner
- High degree of decision making and demonstrated ability to make quick decisions in fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills and high attention to detail
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Banking-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, February 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 31, 2018