Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advice Technology Engineering is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization supporting the Investor Services business organization. We are responsible for building applications for our Financial Consultants which provide advice and counsel to individuals and families on their financial needs, including portfolio management, investment management, retirement planning and much more. As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will help us reach our software automation goals through your strong engineering disciplines, innovation, curiosity, drive and a passion for driving quality solutions.
What you'll do:
- Build and enhance automation frameworks, scripts and tools
- Prepare test plans, test scenarios, test cases and execute tests with a focus on software code coverage, automation and performance. You’ll be required to execute tests manually if needed
- Propose enhancements to automation frameworks to help shorten product cycle times
- You will be active during the development cycle and work shoulder to shoulder with software developers to understand the underlying code
- Work collaboratively in an Agile Delivery Team understanding the business value of user stories and translating business requirements and acceptance criteria into test scenarios and test cases
- Work with Product Owners to understand application and system functionality and behaviors. Estimates effort involved in testing to help refine user stories
- Network with other Automation teams to derive and contribute to best practices for continuous improvement
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- One year or more of hands-on experience in application software development (College level project experience will be considered) and/or test automation experience
- Technical competency in an Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) languages such as Java, C# or C++
- Algorithmic thinking and processing for solving complex problems
- Support Quality Assurance efforts through developing of automated scripts for web services, API’s and UI’s
- Experience with multiple 3rd party open source libraries. Familiarity with source code, test management and release management software
- Working knowledge of CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases such as Oracle/MySQL and Mongo DB
- Strong programming, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in the full cycle QA process and deliverables (test plans, test scenarios, test cases, tracking/reporting metrics)
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle and Agile Methodologies, such as Scrum.
- You are driven by innovation and a commitment to lifelong learning
- Experience or familiarity with Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence, HipChat, Bamboo, Bitbucket)
- Exposure to test automation tools such as Selenium
- Familiarity with BDD, ATDD, TDD
- Excellent judgment, organizational and problem solving skills
- Passion for building high quality solutions through automation
- Your view of “think out of the box” doesn’t mean anything to you because for you, there is no box
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Monday, February 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018