Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advice Technology is a part of the Schwab Technology organization, supporting the Investor Services business organization. Our team delivers and supports Advice applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures.
Advice Technology is looking for an Associate Software Development Engineer in Test who will have familiarity with Software Automation. The individual should have some exposure with automation testing and have knowledge working in a Java/J2EE environment while being open to working in evolving Next Gen technologies.
What you'll do:
This is an entry level Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) role, and development or Quality Assurance experience is desirable. However, recent graduates demonstrating technical competency and desire to pursue a career in test engineering will be considered.
- Collaborate with other Test Automation Engineers to plan, design, manage, report and prioritize software test automation solutions along with Dev and QA engineers across CTS.
- Support Quality Assurance and testing teams through script automation for web services, APIs, middleware, UI, etc.
- Evaluate new technology or processes to support sustainable, continuous automation Demonstrate programming ability in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) through creation of automation scripts through various programming languages supported by the firm.
- Have hands-on Experience with two or more UI automation tools/frameworks.
- Build and enhance the existing automation frameworks to increase reuse and reduce effort and help automation work within a continuous integration framework.
- Develop high quality automated tests for front-end and back-end.
- Partner with development and other team members, provide technical support and work closely with offshore QA Automation teams to create agile test automation solutions, accelerating Schwab’s SDLC processes and meeting critical business objectives.
- Maintain tools used in the Automation development including source control, test management and release systems Network with other Automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement.
- Experience working with product owners defining, and refining user stories.
- Work with the developers with robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CE/CD test automation as needed.
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1+ years or experience (negotiable for qualified entry level applicants) of hands on application programming (College level project experience is considered) and/or test automation experience in participating and/or leading test Automation delivery of software projects.
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testing organizations and Business teams.
- Passion for building solutions through automation, driven by innovation and commitment to lifelong learning Strong programming, debugging, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work.
- Ability to multi-task easily working on numerous work efforts.
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum, iterative development methodology and /or Rational Unified development methodologies is preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Monday, February 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018