Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab IT Offshore Program is responsible for the management and governance of Schwab’s preferred offshore vendors located in India. These vendors provide application development, testing and support services to Schwab’s Technology group. They are expanding their offshore and onshore delivery capabilities in response to Schwab’s competitive business needs. The Offshore Program is principally responsible for traditional vendor and performance management activities, effective sourcing, structuring and onboarding of IT work orders, and oversight of a defined risk and operational control environment across multiple offshore delivery centers.
What you’ll do:
- Work order sourcing and structuring – offshore and onshore: work closely with work order managers to source work (RFP/RFI), select vendors and structure IT work orders to ensure Schwab is placing work with the right vendor, in the right geographic location, with the optimal deal structure and price.
- Vendor management: provide ongoing vendor management of preferred vendors including administration of vendor calls, pipeline reviews, operational issue escalation, performance management etc.
- Offshore Delivery Center Controls Oversight: Assist in the governance and oversight of offshore delivery center controls. This includes management of a third party audit firm performing site testing in India.
- Offshore Program Process Improvement: Work collaboratively with key constituencies (Finance, Accounting, HR, Legal etc.) to review and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Offshore Program processes and practices.
- Manage onshore delivery governance and capability:Ad hoc projects/escalations as required– usually daily
- Active role in design and implementation of a sustainable IT domestic delivery capability.
- Collaborate closely with Risk Management teams to evaluate the current governance control structure and create a standardized structure for replication across vendors.
- Monitor and measure work order capacity changes.Individual contributor role: includes responsibility for management of multiple cross-functional projects
- Ad hoc projects/escalations as required – usually daily
- Individual contributor role: includes responsibility for management of multiple cross-functional projects.
What you have:
- 5 + years of direct experience with the Offshore Services and Professional Services indirect category with extensive experience in working with offshore vendors.
- Strong negotiation skills and extensive experience in strategic sourcing, vendor management and risk management.
- Advanced oral and written communications skills with a proven track record of building effective working relationships with senior level business partners including IT decision makers, Risk teams, Finance/Accounting, HR and Legal.
- The successful candidate must be naturally inquisitive and open to identifying and implementing process improvement opportunities. Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve organizational objectives.
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills required.
- Experience with Ariba, Hiperos and access a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Corporate Staff-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, February 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 24, 2018