San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Lance Alan Britton
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Community Services team believes in the power of financial education and community service to unleash peoples’ potential. We are dedicated to helping people achieve lifelong financial well-being through educational programs and content, employee volunteerism, thought-leadership and advocacy.
The Schwab Community Services team is a critical driver in enhancing corporate reputation, client affinity and employee engagement. We are responsible for simultaneously delivering measurable impact in our communities and for our business.
What you’ll do:
The Marketing and Content Manager will work in partnership with Schwab’s marketing, public relations, employee communications, social media and other business teams to execute content and marketing campaigns across a variety of internal and external channels including websites and intranets, email, events, collateral, signage, SharePoint communities, and more. Responsibilities include:
- Editorial Production – Execute production of the weekly syndicated personal finance column, “Ask Carrie,” including managing editorial calendar, light copy-editing and proofreading, search engine optimization, facilitating business-partner and compliance reviews, and facilitating content production with Schwab’s digital channels as well as with external partners including Parade.com, Huffington Post, Business Insider and Creators News syndicate. Schedule and facilitate editorial meetings and help brainstorm new content and promotional ideas. Report on column’s performance metrics quarterly and additionally as needed.
- Communications – Work with internal business partners and Corporate Communications to help set the department’s communications priorities, manage the communications calendar, and write and execute individual communications on behalf of department, Senior Vice President, and other executive sponsors. Oversee the department’s internal website and community forum pages, collaborating with the team to create annual, quarterly and monthly plans, and directly managing content updates. Maintain and produce new content around department’s initiatives for the external-facing AboutSchwab.com/community page.
- Creative Development – Execute internal marketing campaigns, including major firm-wide campaign for volunteer events and Schwab Volunteer Week, our annual employee volunteer week of service. This includes partnering with Schwab’s internal creative agency to develop creative concepts and themes, posters, email templates, digital signage, video, t-shirts, emails, employee communications and more. Manage advertising and creative assets for Schwab-sponsored fundraising and volunteer events. Handle additional creative development for other projects as needed.
- Manage Photo Archives and Photography Planning – Oversee photography planning for the department to ensure we’re capturing, sharing and archiving the visual assets that help bring to life Schwab’s commitment to community service.
- Department Administration — Manage content files and compliance records, third-party licensing agreements, etc. As needed, assist with budget management, agency contracts, invoices, and other occasional administrative tasks.
- Special Projects – Manage ad-hoc projects. These may include multi-channel marketing campaigns, content update/review, research, writing articles etc.
What you have:
- BA or equivalent degree required.
- Minimum of 7 years marketing communications and/or editorial production experience. Excellent communications, marketing, writing, editorial and proofreading skills.
- Commitment to the highest quality work product.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Experience in effectively managing creative agencies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills, and the ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a very fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the ability to excel in a highly collaborative team environment.
- The ability to be flexible and shift gears in response to changing business situations.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Passion for employee volunteerism and financial literacy.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs, Communications-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Friday, February 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 10, 2018