Chicago - IL, IL150SW, 150 S Wacker Dr, 60606-4111
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Corporate Credit Research Team is looking for an investment analyst to manage a portion of a multi-billion dollar consumer asset backed securities (ABS) and commercial mortgage backed securities (CMBS) portfolio. Relying on fundamental credit analysis, you will perform due diligence on an existing credit portfolio, recommend dollar and maturity limits for prospective investment opportunities, and assist in other credit-related duties such as stress testing and reporting. You are expected to have previous credit analysis experience and be a self-starter that can quickly assume a broad range of duties. This is an individual contributor role.
What you’ll do:
The Corporate Credit Research Team performs investment research and credit analysis in support of generating net interest revenue within the Schwab investment portfolio. As an analyst, you will work within our research team, helping to determine which investments to purchase as well as ensuring the maintenance of strong counterparty credit quality. This role encompasses significant responsibility and growth opportunity as our $170B+ investment portfolio ranks among the largest for US Banks and is growing. Asdditional responsibilities include but are not limitted to.
- Understanding and explaining complex credit structures
- Developing and performing cash flow modeling for ABS and CMBS holdings
- Evaluating and recommending new structured product investments
- Providing research related to structured finance and various collateral types
- Preparing model documentation with explanations of key relationships, inputs and assumptions
- Develop an understanding of regulatory controls and requirements
- Preparing regulatory documentation for stress testing in various economic scenarios
- Assist the broader Corporate Credit Research Team in areas such as corporate bond investments
What you have:
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or a quantitatively-oriented field of study; advanced degree preferred
- CFA designation preferred
- Experience with structured product investments preferred; ideally CCABS, SLABS, CMBS, Auto Loan and Lease ABS, Equipment ABS, and/or DFABS.
- Proficient with quantitative and analytical methods and techniques
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrable skill in financial writing
- Ability to use good judgment and work independently
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Friday, February 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, June 1, 2018