Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Management Reporting department is part of the Finance Organization. The department prepares and distributes various internal and external financial/client metrics reports to support the decision making of the Company’s executive and senior management and Board of Directors. In addition, we work closely with our technology partners to standardize metric ownership and definitions, identify needs for self-service tools, and develop processes to re-engineer outputs.
Schwab Finance is looking for a senior-level, highly-motivated, self-driven individual well-versed in Schwab data and business analysis. The Senior Financial Analyst will centralize reporting and analytical solutions across Finance, working closely with business partners to understand and analyze current data reporting and analysis needs. This role will partner closely with technology partners to understand processes and data to provide the best technical solution possible
What you’ll do:
- Project lead and liaison to select and maintain a technical solution to accommodate data requests from Finance users.
- Work closely with business partners to understand and analyze current business activities and changes, including technology partners, to develop and re-engineer processes, tools, and outputs.
- Help us guide our service model from reactive data pulls to proactive self-service information and insight.
- Identify and research metric and reporting issues then formulate, document, and present findings to business partners and management.
- Validate the translation of business requirements into technical criteria, negotiating deadlines and scope.
- Act as a thought partner with business users.
- Assist with ad hoc requests and projects. (i.e. research, prepare presentations, etc.)
What you have:
- Enthusiasm and detail-driven, quality and results-focused, inquisitive, and influential.
- A natural tendency to derive insights from data, spot issues with data, and the resourcefulness to find solutions and overcome barriers.
- Experience working directly with business leaders to understand the decisions and impacts driven by data.
- Communication skills centered on explaining complicated information to both technical and non-technical partners.
- An understanding of relational databases and architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in business analysis and development of automated reports, dashboards, self-service tools, etc.
- 5+ years of technical experience in SQL, Business Objects, TM1, and advanced Excel skills.
- Brokerage and/or financial services industry experience (a major plus).
- Effective self-management skills, in particular, the ability to multitask and prioritize.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, February 9, 2018
Expiration Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018