Jersey City - NJ, NJ525WA, 525 Washington Blvd, 07310
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab's Fixed Income Trading Team manages the firm's Bond Source platform that offers clients, on a typical day, the choice of over 35,000 different fixed income securities. The most popular products are Municipal Bonds; CD's; U.S. Treasury Bills, Notes and Bonds. The group consists of ~30 Traders managing various portfolios.
What you’ll do:
As a Fixed Income Trader, you will provide premium service to our customers. You’ll execute fixed income orders at the best possible available prices, in the most efficient way, while focusing on building trust with every interaction. The Fixed Income Trader will be responsible for:
- Trading Treasuries and GSEs on both a risk and riskless basis for our retail customers
- Evaluating current processes and recommending improvements to create efficiency and scale for the organization
- Working with numerous electronic trading platforms including internal proprietary platforms
- Providing market color to our geographically diverse sales staffUsing sound business judgment and critical thinking to identify and mitigate risks in a fast paced environment
What you have:
- 5+ years of trading experience with strong knowledge of rates products (specifically, GSE/Treasury/MBS/Preferred stock/Converts/Structured Products)
- Experience with automated and electronic market making (knowledge of database programming languages a plus)
- Detailed knowledge of TRACE/FINRA regulations
- FINRA Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 required
- FINRA Series 55/57 preferred
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills and preference to work in a team environment
- This position could be filled at Senior Manager level I or II depending on skills, education, experience and licensing
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Collaborative – The ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team
- Purpose driven – Demonstrated concern for satisfying one’s external and/or internal customers
- Fostering innovation – Developing, sponsoring or supporting the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 65
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||NJ - Jersey City, CO - Lone Tree, CO - Denver
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Thursday, February 8, 2018
Expiration Date: Friday, March 9, 2018